13. We Don't Know Yet

The cold breeze in the mountains sent shivers to Taehyung's body as they walk thru the woods. No matter how cold it is, it felt like it's burning his cheeks and slashes thru them like blades as it lands on his face.

"It's almost dark, Jin. We need to find another place to stay the night." Taehyung said.

"Yeah, it's actually getting colder. I can't feel my palms anymore." Jin is a bit trembling already as he speaks.

Taehyung walked closer to him and reached for his hands. He rubbed them together with his and walked forward, with Jin behind him, he pulled both his arms to his waist, now Jin is hugging him from the back. He then put Jin's hands inside the pockets of his coat.

"Do you feel warm now?"

"Hmm, not really. But I like this." Jin rests his chin on Taehyung's shoulders as they walk slowly.

"You know we won't get far if we walk like this." Taehyung chuckled.

"Hmm, what is that smell?!" Jin suddenly said, sniffing loudly.

"Heyy, I know we can't properly take a shower but I cleaned up just fine using your toiletries." Taehyung pouted as he slightly looked over his shoulder to see Jin.

"No, no. Not you. I smell something burning, like a smoke."

They jogged forward to follow the smell, after a while they were surprised to see something from afar. It looks like a small cabin at the middle of the woods, with smoke coming out from its tiny chimney.

"Woahh! Jin, finally!! We can get help!" Taehyung said wide-eyed.

Jin started to tear up and hugged Taehyung cheerfully, "Oh my God, Tae!! We're going back home soon!! Oh my God!"

Taehyung can't help but cry too, "Yes, Jin. We'll be able to return soon. Soon... Jin."

The last words he said just sink into Taehyung's mind. They're going to leave their own universe soon. He won't be able to hold Jin in his arms anymore. These thoughts came stabbing him like sharp pointed icycles.

Jin was overjoyed by the anticipation that he'll soon see his son again. He didn't even notice Taehyung's sudden change of expression. He jogged into the house and knocked on the door.

Taehyung just followed after him with a heavy heart. But he held it in and forced a smile.

"Hello, is anyone here?!" Jin said while knocking hard.

An old woman opened the door who seems to be in her mid 70's. She eyed Jin and Taehyung from head to toe, "let me guess kid, you're lost?"

The two bowed before the old woman, "Oh hello Ma'am. We were actually passengers from a plane that crashed just nearby. And now we're hoping we can get some help from you so we can go back to our country, South Korea." Jin explained.

"How can an old witch like me do that?? Do you see my house?!"

The cabin seems to have no electricity. Just the fire from the furnace serves as her light. She also has a gas lamp on the small table.

Jin and Taehyung looked at each other and didn't know how to respond. The old woman sighed and said,

"Ok kids. The best I can do is lend you that small cabin at the back so you can have a warm place to fuck at."

The two just bit their lips in the sudden embarrasment. The grandma went inside to get another gas lamp from the kitchen. "Here, have this. There are dry woods in there too so you can start a furnace. I'll see you in the morning, I'm really tired."

"Ohh thank you very much for this Ma'am." The two politely bowed as she shut the door at them and they headed to the small cabin at the back.

*******

It's already deep in the night when Taehyung and Jin finished settling at the cabin. They have put up the small fire furnace to keep themselves warm.

The place isn't too bad at all. It's just enough for the two of them. The room just had one small round table with two wooden chairs by the tiny furnace. There's a double bed at the corner, though might not be as soft as what they're used to, it has a decent mattress that Jin just covered with the curtains that they have.

After fixing the covers, Jin slumped into the bed with arms wide-open, "Hayy, finally we can rest our backs properly."

Taehyung lied beside him, "Are you tired?"

"No, not really. It feels good, finally it's warm."

"Yes, it is." Taehyung said with eyes closed. He felt a warm breath against his face so he opened his eyes to see Jin's face hovering above his.

"Ohh, you surprised me. What are you doing?" Taehyung asked.

Jin gave him a peck on his lips. And looked at his eyes again, "Are you worried? I know you are. I feel it."

"Why do you always know how to read thru me? Now I feel like we've been going out for years now. You know me quite well."

"Pfft, it's obvious. You were silent since we got here. What are you thinking?" Jin asked.

Taehyung thought for a bit while staring at Jin's eyes, "That we'll be returning soon. That's all I'm thinking about."

"Really, that's it?"

"You know what I mean, Jin. Let's just not talk about it."

"Why not? Isn't it important to you?"

"Of course it is. I just.." Taehyung was cut off by Jin as he suddenly captured Taehyung's lips into his. Taehyung kissed him back fervently, sliding his hand at the back of Jin's neck to pull him into a deeper kiss.

After a while of making out, they pulled back from the french kiss, Jin brushing his nose against Taehyung's and still giving him small pecks while smiling.

"What's with you, baby? I mean, don't get me wrong, I love it. It's just that it's not like you to make the first move." Taehyung asked in between Jin's pecks.

"Nothing. I just want to make you feel better. I know you're thinking that we won't see each other anymore the moment we get back."

"I know, Jin. I have to understand, I get it. Though it pains me, I know I have to know my place. I don't want to impose on you and make you do things that will greatly affect you, especially Soobin. I care for him too."

Jin paused for a while, caressing Taehyung's cheeks with his thumb then he asked, "Tae, will you fight for me if I ask you to?"

"What do you mean, Jin? Are you willing to leave him for me?"

"I don't know how to do it yet, but... yes, I am." Jin said but still looks hesitant.

"Hey Jin, that's not something we can figure out overnight..." Taehyung flipped over, now he's the one hovering on top of Jin.

"...But since you bring up that idea, that gave me more desire to make you mine."

Taehyung didn't wait for Jin to speak, he just dove right at him and kissed him hungrily.

*******

'The big world that we live in,
Runs faster than we think.
What a shame,
How we gonna change it?
We don't know yet,
But let's still try.'

~Crystal Snow

*******

Every single time I write an update for this, I fall in love more and more 😭😍😭

Thanks for falling in love along with me lovey's!!

Borahae 💜

~Author-nim 😊