Chapter 10: Late Date Night

Megan's Pov:

"Aight, what happened?" I ask when Shawn comes back in my room.

"Nothing." He says with an attitude sitting on MY bed. I looked him up and down giving the same energy.

 I looked him up and down giving the same energy

"Sorry." He says throwing his hands up in the air defeated. 

"Now, an answer." I stand by my door waiting for him to explain why he barged back into MY room with an attitude.

"Nothing, it's just a conversation Deon-"

"You ain't gotta listen to what Deon says. He really ain't shit."

"BET YOU WON'T SAY THAT SHIT TO MY FACE HOE!!" He shouts from the hallway then standing at the doorway.

"I'd rather speak from a distance with yo skunk ass breath! Damn near killed me inhaling!" I shout back. Shawn mumbles my name causing me to turn and look at him. He just shakes his head and pats a spot on the bed next to him. 

"What?" I ask feeling how serious he is from the door as I walk over there.

"Swear I couldn't be yalls family." Coiya says popping her head in through the door.

"MG, always makin a big deal outta every- damn- thing. All I did was to the nigga about some real shit, and it just hurt 'im in his feelings about his girl. That's all." Deon say looking at me then signaling his eye at Shawn.

"That bein what?" I ask taking a seat.

"A white man dating a nigga bitch." Deon say with a straight fac, but I know the second I react to that he'll laugh, and he did when I grab my book and throw it at him.

"If-"

"Can y'all be serious for once?" Shawn asks looking up at us pleading like he's being gunned down for a fucking pack of gum. 

"Nigga, you the only one poutin." Coiya tells him, and all eyes shift to her.

"Coiya." I say warningly. She raise her hands in defense before speakin.

"Just sayin cause he upset we jokin and shit but he just gon have to learn we make the best outta things." She says. 

"Yeah, man. That's all I just wanted to know and for you to know, you know?  Interracial datin is legal and all, but people gon give yall hell for it. I mean this to you too, MG. Ya'll not fighting with only family but the society you live in too.

"You think I ain't thought of that, bitch." I cross my arms at Deon, cause let's be serious. I've liked Shawn for awhile and we all know that. I've thought of every outcome, like if he suddenly wanted to break up it'll have to do with race... Baby, ain't no one leaving this beautiful ass unless it's for a valid cause. Who wouldn't want to be with greatness? 

"Megan, don't get pimped slapped." Deon warns.

"You gon lose teeth tryin." I buck at him.

"You've really thought about this? Like you feel like or have felt like I can't protect you. " He asks me, and I turn to give him my whole attention. With a firm nod, I give him an answer.