Chapter 33: Snack RUN!

A/n: I made a visual presentation of the movie drive-in. The black squiggly lines represent cars but the circles are the important people. See how small those cars are next to the street? That street is big and wide. Two lanes on each side. )

Shawn's Pov:

"Okay, we get it." The annoyance in her tone is clear in the car. 

"You gettin smart with me?"

"Ion know how many times we said okay already." Megan throws her hands up in the air frustrated. It has been a nerve-wracking car ride.

"I ain't see yall kiss and make up."

"Like you was gonna let us do it anyway." Words laced with sarcasm.

" Words laced with sarcasm

"Whatchu mean?"

"Uncle Marcus, really?" Yeah, Marcus, really?

The graduates of 1979 movie night has came, and it just so happened to be the night me and Megan talked about our 'past money' issue. Obviously, it didn't go so well, and it only got worst when Deon dry snitched trying to defend me but it was just adding fuel to the fire.

I got cussed out at, and tagged teamed by Marcus who knew all along as well. He was right though, years ago, he told me not to do it and when she found out he'd be right there to support her. Though, a bit over an hour ago we made up. I said sorry, she accepted it with her own sorry. She was mad, real mad. That was to be expected, of course. 

Deon left earlier while we got ready, and unfortunately, leaving Marcus to go with us too. He claimed to stay behind to make sure 'I was on my best behavior.' Whatever that means. 

Which leads us to now... Marcus, happily, sits in the middle between me and Megan as we pull up into the movie drive in. He's so proud to be involved in ruining our quality time. 

We got here so late that we're parked outside the fence but luckily the screen is high up so we can still see the movie. Just sucks to be close to the street so we see and hear every car that passes by. And the fear of whether or not, the person is a good driver.

"Yes, girl, really. I know what niggas be up to." I turn my head to look at him the same time he does to me.

"What are you trying to say?" 

"That I know what you up to, and ion like it." What impression did I give to make him think that? 

"Ion like that you here hangin with teenagers when you graduated 20 years ago." Megan says crossing her arms against her chest.

"Don't disrespect me like that, lil girl. It was half of that." 

"A old nigga hangin with the wrong age group. You ain't embarrassed?"

And they go on and on while I try to find the station where we can hear the movie. I bet they got the number written in the fence to see which station it's on, but I really don't want to get out since I'm by the street.