Chapter 45: Go The Extra Mile

Megan's Pov:

- Mystery scratches or stains on walls in the males rooms

- Everyone is more on edge, losing their cool, "even the clown turned serious"
- Everyone is very antsy to get back home? (That's what I assume since there has been a sudden shift in their behaviors.)

"That's a lot more than yesterday. What broke the writer's block?" A familiar voice, spooks me a bit, as they make their presence known. 

"Joshua's need to not share photos that he thinks were bad but were actually good and could had been useful the entire time." I scribble in my journal crossing off a line that I wrote a couple weeks before. All this time, the pictures were here.

"He is good at what he does." The friend rocks his head from side to side agreeing with his own statement. I nod my head too, scrolling through Josh's storage drive. There's so many to choose from that could very well become a collage for our project. I'm not sure if I should be excited or pissed off that these exist.

"I'm waiting on the day he believes that too. Jeremy, if only you could see all these pictures he took. Words can bring expressions out, but pictures shows them. It's all here. Everything I had been asking for, it's all here." It really is frustrating that I have to start over on somethings because I lacked emotion, and so with the new pictures showing the emotions, I have better descriptions all from day 1.

"So why do you sound frustrated?" It's a simple answer really. It was HIDDEN! 

"Cause these really could had been helpful, and we got into several fights over whose not doing what, when he really had been doing his job the entire time, just..... doubting himself." I say sounding a bit guilty cause I really should have known better. After all, when it comes to Josh and his work, he's a perfectionist.

"M'kay, well, glad to know that you are writing again. It's been 3 days since he left and I know it's been stressful on you. But how about we take a lunch back in the cafeteria? You can come back to the computers later, and write in your journal."

"I rather not stand in that long line." One thing about me is if there's a long line, I'm not standing in it. I don't care how hungry I am. Since training is almost over, the line has started to move slower. Lunch people are getting lazy, people are choosey, everyone is tired and moving slower. It's like that for everything. One of my favorite recent notes are of this one cadet who was so out of it, threw away his lunch right after he got it, thinking it was time to go to training. Was it sad? Yes, but it gave me a story. 'Even when the sirens doesn't go off, I still hear it' is what he told me.

"See? You're so caught up, you haven't even turned to see what I brought you." Jeremy says with a teasing tone. I close my eyes and clamps my hands together, happily. Please let it be food, please let it be food.

"If it's a tray of food, you can have my slice of cake until I leave." I open my eyes and turn around in my seat to see what he got. If only you could see how fast my smile dropped when I saw that he was halfway out the door with his back turned to me.

"You can find out in that cafeteria." And like that, Jeremy left me to clean up after myself and follow after him to the cafeteria. If I'm being honest, I like to avoid sitting in there so much. Chad has been moved to eat else where but it doesn't mean that his friends don't continue on the path he left behind. Not as bad, just never necessary.

The cafeteria is calm as it's been for the past week. People are itching to go home, talk with their families, eat a full proper meal, and sleep for long hours right before actually being deployed. I know grad ceremony is coming up soon, so I'll get to see some of the toughest men here turn into babies. I can't wait to witness it.