Chapter 17: Books and Bruises

Megan's Pov:

"Nigga what?!" My eyes shoot open to come in contact with the wall as I hear someone yell.

"Shut up, you'll wake her!" I hear another voice whisper yell.

"Ion care, ha ass needs to wake up anyway." I mentally roll my eyes knowin that's Deon.

"Be serious for minute." Suddenly I'm interested in their conversation. Shawn spoke to Deon in a stern voice? Told him to be serious?

"Aight aight, but you sure you want to stay in here and talk?"

"Yeah, there's people in the living room and she's sleep."

"No, she not." Ouuh, I hate his punk ass.

"Megan?" I stay silent. Hopefully he won't believe 'im.

"Girl, you too stiff and yo breathin different. Get yo ass up!"

"Ay! Stop all that cussin! It's God's day! Deondre, do we need to read that bible book this mornin?!" Nana voice booms throughout the house.

"No ma'am."

"Aight then! Don't make me come in there!" And we hear her door close. I laugh on the bed but stop when Nana door opens again

"Megan I hear you in there laughin. You'll be right beside 'im, keep on laughin." And closes it once again.

"Hey." I feel Shawn rub my back. "I'm sorry I didn't make it back yesterday. But I'm gonna explain it to you, so when you turn around don't freak out, okay?" Worry grows in my chest.

"She gon freak out anyway." I instantly turn around and my jaw drops. Oh no. 

"Wha-What happened?" I throw the blankets off of me to get out of the bed to reach him trippin in the process but Deon catches me.

"Slow down he ain't goin no where." Deon reassures me as I gently cradle Shawn's face. Please don't tell me-

"It's not as bad as it looks, I swear." He hold his hands up in surrender.

"What happened?" I ask more serious cause he actin like he ain't hear me the first time.

"My dad-" Me and Deon both let out a wince. "Yeah. Rebecca told them and it got violent." He pulls my hands off his face cheeks and gives them both a kiss.

"But it wasn't as bad as you might think." He tells me. Deon lets out a 'tsk' and bounces on his knee.

"Just wait til you tell her you got kicked out and gon be livin here." He laughs shakin whatever is in his closed fist that sounds like beads, before popping on in his mouth. My eyes shoot open are kicked out.

"What?!" I yell. Shawn glares at Deon but speaks.

"I was getting there." Then looks at me. "But it's true. I'm going to be living here for awhile."

"I-" I stop myself from saying anything, cause what could I say?

"Don't worry about saying anything. This is on me. I made my choice and imma stick with it. My family is here." He sits on my bed and pulls me next to him. "They have always been here."

"Yeah but-"

"Uhhhh.... No, I think you should tell her everything." Deon adds in. 

"Bro, give me a chance too." He shushes him.

"There was a lot being said...They think it's a phase so I called it on that part. They think I'm just using you to waste time and to have fun... That if this 'fun' didn't end they'll-" And he stops talking right there.