Chapter 11: Head Out

Shawn's Pov:

I'm watching her in class chew on a top looking so concentrated on her work. It's like watching a hot she-devil. God, she's so fine, it's not even funny.

"You starin again." Deon whispers to me.

"At this point I don't even care." I tell him not bothering to look at him. He just simply clears his throat and scoots back to his seat.

"Okaay." He drags it. "But teach got somethin to say bout it, don't huff and puff at her." I just roll my eyes at him and put my attention back on the worksheet in front of me. Our teacher walks around the classroom monitoring our work. When strolls over to where we are and stop in front of Megan's desk.

"Megan, what's in your mouth?" The teacher, Ms. Rain, asks crossing her arms in front of her. Megan lets out a nervous laugh before taking it out to hold it up to her.

"A top." Then screws it back on her bottle.

"Thank you." I roll my eyes at this weirdo who is as dumb as they come from that teacher's lounge. 

I slide my hand onto Megan's leg and she takes ahold of my hand. I know how much this teacher pisses her off. It's like she'll take any opportunity, the smallest thing to pick on them to put them in the spot light. The look of embarrassment is what she wants when she calls them out.

"Mr. Shawn, do you work. I've been allowing you to sit there but if they're a distraction I will move you." I watch her push her glasses up her face with a frown. I shake my head to ignore her, because she always say that, but I get the highest grades in here.

The door flies opens causing some people to jump in their seats. Mr. Ruth walks in the classroom with a look of annoyance on his face. He takes a look at the classroom like he's searching for someone. When his eye lands on me, he groans in relief. He points an arm towards me and a blond girl walks into the room. I look down not wanting to know why he's looking for me. But the sound of something falling on the desk makes me look over to Deon who dropped his pen.

"Ain't that Bitchy Becky?" Megan asks by my ear still looking to the front. I look over to the blond to see it is, in fact, Rebecca standing in front of the principal. She looks annoying as always, it's just her charm.

"Yeah, what's she doing here?" I ask to myself scared that I can put the pieces together and guess right. Mr. Ruth walks to stand next to Rebecca, and smiles to the class. 

"This here is Rolanda, she-" He begins to introduce her, but of course he said the wrong name. 

"Rebecca, my name is Rebecca." She corrects him.

 "And will be attending here the rest of the year." He finishes looking at me with a face of pity. He knows. 

"Shawn." He calls me. "Could you show Rebecca around the school?" I felt my eye twitch with irritation. I'd understand wanting to get rid of her but don't make me spend time with her.

"No." I reply back immediately. "I'm sure there's someone who wouldn't mind doing it." I wave a hand suggesting to the rest of the class.

"But why not?" SHE asks me sticking her lip out. Not bothering to answer, I found my worksheet more fun to do. Megan squeeze my hand a bit for reassurance.