Chapter 38: All Aboard!

Megan's Pov:
(One week later)

BUMP, BUMP, BUMP!

There's a harsh knocking at the front door that's been going on for a minute now. There's no cars outside who could it be that won't take a hint that no one is here. Well, I am but who would know that.

"Megan! Open this door!" Monica?

Groggily, I get up and out my room. How does she know I'm still here? 

"Yes?" I ask her when I open the door but she doesn't say anything just pushes her way past me, and in to my room. 

"Mo?" I follow after her to see her going through my drawers and looking at my clothes.

"Monica, what are you doing?"

"What you should be doing."

"And what's that?"

"Getting ready, no, on your way to the send off with your grandmother."

"I didn't want to go." She pushes past me and heads into the bathroom. I hear the shower runnin and things clinking on the sink.

"Oh, you're going. I'm not going to let you regret this."

"Monica, I'm not going. I can't face him."

"I know how you feel, but it'll only be for today." Monica is moving around so much I can't even keep up with her. This proves I haven't been taking care of myself recently.

"Get in the shower and I'll prepare to do your hair." I'm not going. "It takes 45 minutes to get there, and he'll need to depart in an hour and 20 minutes-" I'm can't go. "so we have to be out the house in 15 minutes."

"I already said that I'm not going!"

"I don't care what you said! You have to be there, best friend!"

"Don't make me do this." Weak, I sound weak.

"Megan, he's not going to camp, he's going directly to the base. You need to say bye to him." Monica slams my clothes against my chest and pushes me to the bathroom. Due to Shawn's injury, he most likely wasn't going to be allowed to go to basic training, but thanks to his parents who pulled some strings, he can go straight to base and work, what he'll do? who knows, but once they decided he's ready for boot camp then he'll go. 

"Wash your ass, and keep this door open. Be quick. Clean your face too." 

Earlier I had locked myself in the bathroom trying to get ready, but I was struggling. This is hard to do now, but Monica always gets her way because she's demanding. But nana told me, if I didn't want to go, I didn't have to, and I chose not to. I'm being the selfish one now. 

I got in the shower and scrubs my body. Not proud to admit, I haven't done this much throughout the week and today I stunk. 

"You been in there for 4 minutes, get out so you can brush your teeth!" I did that earlier. But I won't talk back. There's a fire burning within her and it's her determination to make it to his send off with me in tow.

"Megan, get out! I'm waiting for you in the living room!"

I move quick to put my lotion on, and clothes right after. Laying down and sitting around for a week has made bending over and shit feel like a sport. Blood is rushing to my head making me dizzy.

"Niña, ven por aca!"

"I'm comin." I tell her making my way over to her. Monica really was prepared to do my hair. She brushed it quick really hard, every now and then hitting my forehead with the brush. I think she was doing it on purpose, then putting in into a puffball.