Chapter 31: The Final Countdown

Shawn's Pov:

"Principal Ruth, and Principal McCart, as the student body president, and representative for the Class of 1979, we would like to thank you both for the courage, your belief, your trust in us, and determination that you showed us throughout this year. It had been hard, but you gave me and a lot of us our best friends. People we will cherish, and remember for the rest of our lives. Thank you!"

Cheers erupt as we stand for the men before us. Flowers are thrown at their feet as we shout thanks to them. Back story was they were good friends until they couldn't be. It was their idea to bring the schools together alone, and they made it happen even years after not seeing each other.

Tears, and almost tears fall down their faces as they shout your welcome, it's our job, and thank yous. We're having an assembly for our last day of school class, and we planned to shower the people who made this year, the best year of my life, happen.

"Thank you." The broke words with a bow made everyone coo, and clap louder.

"Okay, seniors, tomorrow attendance is still needed so do show up. But it'll be a fun day for everybody." Cheers erupt louder this time, and it's just fun.

Some people do cry as the nearing end is hitting us harder by the seconds. We're about to enter this new world of adulthood where adults hate being adults.

"Monica, solo quiero hablar con usted...since tu-" Miguel takes ahold of Monica's hand before he helps her down the bleachers.

"Watch what you say about me." Megan squints her eyes at him.

"Yeah, whatever, freak." And he does walk away with her. I don't know, I still think this is breaking girls code, but then again... My girlfriend talks bad to my best friend but he's her cousin so I have to deal with it. And speaking of best friend, I haven't seen mine in a awhile. 

Coiya had walked out with tears in her eyes, and when the girls tried to go see what was up, Deon told them he'll handle it. It's like things are getting worst for them as the days go by. 

As for me?

Not to brag but I couldn't be happier. My life is perfect, and I passed all finals to be able to cross that stage. I got the chords I need for my graduation so I'm relaxed.

Megan, finally, got her acceptance to Miradine University so she's been busy non-stop to catch up on the requirements that's asked of her. I'm just there for emotional support at the moment.

Though, I guess I'm a bit touch deprived but that's okay. I'm waiting until everything is settled. I can't believe everyone is going their separate ways like this.

Monica is going to University of Texas at Arnolds, as well as Lu. So they'll be in the city just at a big campus.

Deon decided to go to a community college so he'll be closest to Nana. Coiya is more than ready to leave for Howard, and it's evident. Sadly so.

Anthony? He's back around, sort of. I guess he's going with Deon to the community college too. He never made his plans clear.

Me? Glad you asked.

I leave in a couple of weeks, and I'm actually really sad about it. I leave before everyone else and am going to miss out on the summer adventures before we depart.

"Cherish! Hands off!" I shout at the (I don't want to call her out her name) gropping on my girlfriend, who just laughs at her.

"What? Jealous?" When her hands held her breasts I was ready to come down these bleachers. Megan tells her something, and with a wink, Cherish leaves her down the bleachers but not before sending a smack at her ass.