Chapter 25: Can You Handle Me?

Megan's Pov:

"How far is it?" I say letting my window up.

"Half an hour away."

"They should've did this earlier." I complain.

"Right." He agrees with a smile and then laying a hand on my upper thigh. Y'all, I made it. I bite my lip, and look out the window to contain my excitement.

"Why are you hiding from me?" Shawn teases me.

"I'm not hidin." I respond back but still not look back.

"Yeah, okay." Then does little traces on my skin as he hums a tone.

"So, what made you pick this place?"

"It was perfect and had all the qualities I was looking for. It was everything I wanted for us, for this." When we get to a stop light, the hand on my thigh takes ahold of my hand laying on my leg. It lays on the same place, and the traces continue too.

"I want you to know that I was actually very much looking forward to this date." I tell him suddenly remembering what I said.

"I know." He takes a peek at me before looking back at the road. I stare at him a bit in awe. He so fine, and just...yummy. The street lights reflect on his face so well and shows his facial features. I feel those butterflies in my stomach again.

"Look whose staring now?" A smirk grows on his face before he turn to look at me. I let out a nervous laugh before look out the window again. Careful not to smear my make-up, I lean back on the seat to watch the trees and cars go by on the street.

We pass by a house whose sprinklers are on, and it sprays my window. I laugh at it cause I didn't expect it to be so much from that little thing. But when we passed it, water still continued to fall on the car.

"It's raining." Shawn announces. I sit up in my seat trying to fight disappointment and discouragement. Shawn tightens his hold on my hand, and I sit back to convince myself to just ride.

Though, 20 minutes later, the rain falls heavier making it completely hard to see anything. It's dark and not much light. The rain is rain alone sounds like hail is falling on top of the car. You can really only see the colorful things like the stop lights and colored cars. Other than that, you can't see.

"We have to pull over." I announce first cause I know that's the last thing he wanted to do.

"We can make it."

"Shawn." I take ahold on his face, and press a kiss to his cheek. "Pull over." Tucking his lip in, he finds the best place where he can see to park. He gets out first, and runs over to my side to get me out.

"Here." He holds his jacket over our heads, and we run towards the nearest building. With hope, Shawn pulls the door but it doesn't open.

"Fuck! It's locked." He shouts frustrated before looking for somewhere else.

"C'mon." He pushes me in front of him before we make a dash towards a small run down diner. I open the door for us and sigh in relief when it's unlocked. We rush in, and waves of heat hit us. My teeth start chattering and I rub my hands on my arms.

"D-Damn, that rain was cold." I say with a slight stutter. There isn't much in here. Just a counter with a lady standing there with wide grin on her face. There's tables with napkin holders on them but no chairs. The building looked huge, but it's tiny in here so it must be like a stall or something.

"Yeah, c'mon." He takes my hand and guides us to the counter with the lady.

"Oh, do I have another set of runaways today?" The lady at the counter jokes at us. Both me and Shawn look at each other then at her with a worried look.