Chapter 55

Chapter 55

*S*

Walking to the front door with everyone else I could feel their heavy hearts. I myself knew somewhat how they felt. Only instead of being outsmarted by Kira I had been beaten by myself. That was the only explanation as to how all of this happened. I took things into my own hands before loosing my memories and made sure Light's will would be done. I couldn't think of anyone I had possibly found to replace Light or myself as Kira. Only one person was highly probable but according to everyone she left this world.

Looking to the others and taking their extended hands they held out for me. Wishing them a silent farewell with a bow of my head. I could see in each of their eyes that their very souls were feeling this defeat. Could it really have been Aphrodite after all? If so it would explain why no one could catch Kira. She is my cousin. Someone who is like me. She wouldn't be found unless she wanted to be. Also she knew how Light and I would judge others. She would know everything down to the smallest detail from her obedience to me. There would be no one else I could trust all of this too. But.. I had no proof. Without proof it was only speculation and there was no way for me to find out.

"Alessia.." Light's gentle voice spoke up pulling me from my thoughts. Only to find that it was just him and I left in the apartment. Looking up into his eyes I could see a mix of emotions but also sadness... Was the news of Misa's death that painful for him? Or was it something else causing the pain? "The taskforce has been disbanded and I assume you will be returning to L.." His sentence broke off as he glanced behind me to the open door. "This will be the last time we see each other." He stated before looking back down towards me.

Could the sadness actually be caused from knowing we were never going to stand face to face ever again? Confusion rippled through me as I retrieved my pad from my bag and typed upon the screen. He is no longer Kira so.. Why not? -Would you like to walk with me to my hotel room so I can get ready to meet L?- I ask him watching his eyes light up if only by a fraction. With a nod for an answer I turn around placing my pad back into my bag before walking out the door of his apartment.

*

Upon reaching my hotel suite I open the door to allow the both of us to walk inside. The trip here was uneventful to say the least. Neither one of us had typed or uttered a single syllable. There was a tension between us which I could only guess was because I had him as my prime suspect since I arrived. Retrieving my pad from my bag as my door clicked shut I turned towards Light. Yet before I could type anything out I felt my back press against the wall and his soft lips against my own causing my eyes to widen. My heart was racing frantically as wild emotions began to stir within me.

When he pulled away I felt as if I couldn't breath from the look in his eyes. He then bowed his head and muttered under his breath. "I'm sorry." I barely caught those words before he backed up so I could regain control of myself. Shaking my head to regain my thought I look down at my pad before typing to him.

-My computer back should be on a chair. Could you put my laptop away while I pack away my clothes?- My fingers hesitated with these next words. As I wondered if I really should put them for him to read. -It's okay, just surprised me.- After he read them I turned around not waiting for confirmation from Light as to if he would do as I ask or not. I walked into my bedroom and began pulling my clothes out of my drawers and closet.

I could hear rustling in the other room as Light was putting my Laptop away until I could hear and unfamiliar sound of paper and silence. Did I leave any paper in there? I don't believe so. It could be a reciept that I had forgotten to throw away I guess. Reaching up I went to grab my duffle bag.