Chapter 31

Chapter 31

*Kira*

Smiling as we chose an apartment settled into the busy part of town. Sounds of cars should echo late into the night here but, it was beautiful. Fully furnished so I didn't have to focus on finding furniture for this little place. But, what caught me was standing in the living room. Realizing now we were in the same apartment Light and Misa used in the anime. I was filled with a confusing emotion. Up until now I was always happy when things followed the anime but, I found myself unhappy to be in this very apartment. Could I actually be jealous of the animated Misa? Shaking my head I toss my bags on the couch before stretching my arms above my head. I walk into the kitchen leaving Light to situate his things. Flipping through the cupboards and then the fridge I find myself shaking my head. I shall have to buy everything Light will need. I had already stopped by the house and grabbed everything of mine excluding the computer appliances. Which I had been a little irritated to find my cousin, sitting at the table drinking my coffee. Yet, I left it there for her anyway saying. "I'll just pick up more." I probably should have established the hacks into HQ then but I was a bit preoccupied.

I wanted to hurry up, grab my things, and come here with Light. Aphrodite was doing well, keeping up with the profile of Kira. She wasn't killing criminals that ranked too low either. When I had went into my computer room to grab the death notes I noticed she had already started pinning things up on the walls. Previous criminals killed attached to the things they had done. She had everything set up so she new exactly which type of criminals should die. I couldn't say that I liked the thought of her filling the walls with those things but I could only guess she wouldn't have done so if she thought she couldn't hide them at a moment's notice. She was doing well enough anyway I gave her a few more peaces of death note to keep hidden so she wouldn't run low. Her keeping up with the usual killings would give Light enough time to focus on his studies without having to balance school, Kira, and the task force all at once. Mean while since we are now in this apartment I could always help by looking up criminals that have yet to be caught and figure out names and faces so that they too will meet justice.

Smiling to myself as I feel arms wrap around my waist and pull me against a warm chest. Light's scent wafting around me even before I felt his lips brush against my ear. Closing my eyes I find myself leaning back against him. "This is a new beginning, we will create our world together without any obstacles." Yes, he was right. Moving in here wasn't all about us being together under one roof. We needed to seize the moment and get off under the thumbs of L so we can build his world. Turning in his arms I wrap mine over his shoulders as I press my lips against his.

*L*

Last night I couldn't help but continue to watch them sleep. Light's phone conversation with Amane plagued my mind. As for Kiara, last night proved now more then ever that she wasn't human. She had drained Light of blood in their intimate actions. The two holes on his neck seemed to have healed completely since then and the morning, which I couldn't quite figure out. Although this would explain Light's actions while Kiara was in confinement and she had said she was thirsty.

*~ Thinking back~*

"No!" I watch as light yanks himself away from his dad's touch. "She needs to see me! Before.."

"Before what?" I ask now curious as to why.

"L..Light.." I hear her quiet voice turning back she was now setting up rubbing her head with her eyes closed. Her hat having fallen off from her fall. Did she know that light is here? "I..I'll be.. Alright.." she speaks though her voice is cracking and she seems to be fighting to catch her breath. "I.. Promised.. You.. Remember.." Promised? Looking back to light he was watching the screen. Though his eyes still gave off his worry for her he was calmed down.