Chapter 16

Chapter 16

That night I walk into my hotel and sit in front of the TV where a microphone had already been set up for me. The lights being off made the room dark enough it seemed a little depressing. Something happened at the Whammy House and if it involves the second kira or kira for that matter Misa Amane could bring everything to light just even a little bit of information she would know. "Watari, has she said anything yet?"

Hearing the others walk up behind me as watari speaks. "No she hasn't spoken a word."

"Get me a visual of her will you?"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, quickly."

The screen flickers on showing Misa Amane strapped to a stretcher with a metal visor shielding her eyes. She gives out scared sounds as she breathes in small whimpers.

"Ryuzaki! What's the meaning of this?!" I hear yagami yelling behind me.

"I have apprehended her under the suspicion of being the second Kira. I'm afraid this is necessary."

"Chances are, Amane is guilty. There seems to be enough evidence to convict her but all the same." he finally calms down and begins to think clearly.

"Yes, there can be no mistake now we need a confession out of her. We need to know how she kills, whether she knows Kira, and if she knows anything about the orphanage. If she does know kira if she knows who Kira really is."

"Do you honestly think either of the kiras were involved in that orphanage?" yagami asks

"Yea, why would kira want to kill a bunch of kids its not like him" Matsui speaks up.

"I haven't told you this but that orphanage contained my successor if I should ever meet an untimely end. It is highly probable that if either of the kira's were able to figure it out some how that they surely would wish to make sure no one would succeed me. Though it is highly improbable because there isn't any information about myself available." Leaning forward to the microphone. "Watari, take the necessary precautions but beyond that you are free to what ever has to be done okay. Just make her speak."

"Very well."

"Oh and Mr. Yagami."

"Huh?"

"Kira is now our prime suspect and I'm probably going to bring her in for interrogation as well. Please be prepared for that." I watch as Misa looks as if she is calming down even though she was still understandably nervous. What will I do if Kira does turn out to be the one we are after? Throughout the night I continue to watch as watari conducts his interrogation I know that in the past centuries that this sort of way to interrogate was common practice but it still made my insides turn as I imagined Kira there rather then Misa Amane.

*

So at some point I had to leave the screen. I have been sitting against the edge of an arm chair as the others have fallen asleep wondering how Kira kills, if Kira really is the girl everyone has become fond of. Why everyone is fond of her even though most of them have only met her the one time. What would Light do when I bring her in for questioning. Would he accept it or from the hold she has on him will he have a lapse of insanity?

Still from the time I watched her under surveillance to now it seems the carefree happy girl was slowly fading becoming more with drawn. The day of the entrance ceremony I had felt compelled to see her which is why I went. The world just seemed to shine a little bit brighter when ever she is around and if she truly smiles I wouldn't want to think what would happen then. But I just cant help but feel like if she is the one we are after and she is executed for her crimes that the world will plummet into darkness. "Ryuzaki, Amane is talking." Hearing this it pulls me out of my thoughts. Leaping up from my chair I go over to the couch in front of the screen and jump into it. "Quickly get me a visual and audio." Hearing the others follow behind me slower.