Chapter 5

Chapter 5

        Over the past week I've been successfully sneaking in and out of Light's room on the days he doesn't visit me. We've been growing closer, yet still in the times that we have nothing of use to talk about we end up making out for hours until the sun comes up. Today makes the second day since Ray Pember's death. And the last two day's I've taken a break from my search of how to get home and had begun learning Kanji. If anything I would like to go to school. Maybe take the entrance exam to get into Toho with Light when he goes. But in order for that I need to learn the language so I can at least understand what is written on the tests. Glancing up from my papers and looking out the window I see Light walking with a black bag in his hand. Smiling I set the lessons on the coffee table and hurriedly put on my shoes and jacket. Today I was wearing the white pinstripe black slacks with a light grey off the shoulder sweater. My coat was a tanish white with fur lining the inside. Stepping outside I lock my door before running to catch up to him. "Light!" I holler so I wouldn't have to push myself. Since the bus jacking my energy has been left depleted and with me refusing to take from Light my speed and swiftness has also taken a turn for the worst. He pauses and looks back at me giving me a gentle smile.

"Kira" He says as I catch up but then he switches hands with the bag and takes a hold of my own careful not to squeeze too hard. His hands were huge compared to mine. Why hadn't I noticed this before? They were soft yet strong. The warmth making sure my own hand doesn't get cold. "What are you doing?" He asks looking ahead of him.

"I seen you walk past and since the past two days I haven't seen you I wanted to walk with you to take that change of clothes to Mr. Yagami." His breath catches almost as if I surprised him that I knew before he continued on like normal.

"I see so you know."

"Yes, also this is when you will meet Ray Pember's fiancé'.. just so you know."

"I see, when will I run into her?"

"At the reception desk in the station. But don't worry you'll figure things out and come out on top." I tell him showing him that I wont give anything else away. Come to find out I was quite enjoying playing this little game with him. He gently squeezes my hand causing me to smile."

"So what have you been up to these past couple days?" Looking up at him I question whether if he was worried or just curious.

"I've been trying to learn Kanji so that maybe I can get into a college around here." 

"If you need I can help you."

"Thanks Light, but right now I'd like you to focus on your objectives for the most part. Things will only get harder from here on out."

"I don't suppose you'll let me in on what is coming huh."

"Not exactly but so you know, if any girl tries to take you from me.." I look ahead narrowing my eyes as he pulls out his phone to try and call his dad. "I'll kill her in the worst way imaginable."

"The jealous type huh? Funny I never pegged you for it."

"I'm only jealous with you Light."

"I know, I've been finding myself thinking if a guy were to flirt with you that is punishable by death." Hanging up his phone he frowns putting it back into his pocket.

"His phone's turned off huh."

"Yea."

"Then that means he's working out of a hotel room right now with L and the last few remaining task force members. Which means from here on out you wont be able to get information from your dad's computer regarding the case."