Chapter 6

Chapter 6

        A few hours have passed since I got out of the shower; changed my clothes to a black mini skirt with blue trimming blue socks a matching blue tube top and another black over shirt. I pulled my hair up into pig tails leaving my bangs down and styled to form to my face rather then letting them cover my eyes. I put in my moon earrings and sat there in my living room in Indian style as usual fiddling with the keys around my neck, as I memorize the pages of how to Kanji. As Light had requested I didn't go anywhere today and the sun was already starting to set. As I had moved around my house today, washing my clothes that were in my sleep over bag and making sure nothing was out of place, even washed my coffee cup and spoon. I had spotted some cameras since they weren't normally there and I had everything memorized in my house. L had placed video cameras and wire taps sooner then I thought he would but it didn't matter. I had already expected him to place them. I just needed to act like a human girl while they are watching. Inwardly sighing from the thought. This was going to be difficult. I don't know how normal girls act. All I know is what I've seen in various anime. Putting my right elbow on the arm of the chair I rest my chin in my hand after setting the papers neatly on the coffee table and making sure none of them were even the slightest bit crooked. Closing my eyes I smile thinking about what Light might have planned for today. Even though it was the day after my birthday I still feel a bit excited. A candle lit dinner? A club outing? A family get together? A night for just the two of us? What could he have in mind? 

    The door bell echoes through the house as I continue to sit there raising my head to look at the watch on my right wrist. Exactly sixty seconds later the door bell sounds again. Standing I walk to the door and open it smiling seeing Light standing in front of me. "May I come in?" He asks politely and I take a step back letting him in through the door then locking it as I close it.

"So what do you have planned for tonight Light?" I ask him, the curiosity finally peaking.

"Go pack an overnight bag, alright. You took the one you had at my house. I'm guessing to wash the clothes you had in it."

"Uh okay." I tell him running upstairs my long pig tails flowing behind me. Going into my room I pull out the bag I usually leave at his place and pack a few outfits into it so I can just leave it with him again. Going back down stairs I see him in the living room looking at my Kanji papers. Coming up behind him I wrap my arms around his waist pressing my face against his back. "Just the time you were at school felt like an eternity you know."

"I know, I thought the school day would never end." He says placing his hands on mine. Smiling I pull back from him letting him turn around where he cups my cheeks and presses his lips against mine. Softly and more caring then usual. Our usual kisses were always alight with the passion we felt for each other but never the love. Closing my eyes I drop my bag gripping a hold of his coat as I return the loving kiss. What felt like too soon he pulls his lips back from me. "I love you Kira." He speaks softly placing his forehead against my own. "One day I want to spend every waking minute with you in a place of our own." His words wash over me making me smile as I raise my hands to his that still rests on my cheeks. "Would it be selfish of me to say I don't want you to ever leave my side?" He asks and I know he meant about me returning to my world. Biting my bottom lip I try to decide how to respond.

"Light, I want the same. The only way I want to live is if I can keep us just like this forever." I admit to him my cheeks flaring from my confession inadvertently telling him I wont leave here without him. He steps back from me taking my hand. Letting me grab my bags and leading me to the door where he lets go long enough for me to put my coat and shoes on. Stepping out I lock my door. Walking hand in hand I smile up at him as we go to his house. The car was in the driveway for a change showing his dad was here. Then it's a family get together. I giggle following him inside and setting my bags on the floor as I take my shoes and coat off. But when I went to grab my bags again Light takes my hand pulling me into the living area without them. There stood his family with smiles. His mom holding a cake lit with candles and my name on it. It looked like a German chocolate cake! Yum! "Happy birthday!" They shouted in unison causing me to smile from ear to ear. Giggling I look up at Light who still hadn't let go of my hand then to everyone else.