Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Having the trunk lid slammed shut over the top of me I try to fight through the binds he has me in. The recent dose of chloroform still having everything seem dulled and foggy. Damn him! I cant wait until he is dead. Although this did give Rem the hint I had been hoping for to do what needs to be done. Finally going on with the next plan we had worked so hard for. But still, this was very uncomfortable. I'm bounced from what felt like the car backing out of the driveway before I hear the tires squeal loudly in my ears heading towards what I am guessing was Yoshida Productions. Just, hang in there Kira. You need a clear mind to be able to kill him. If you don't then Rem or Light will have to do it first. And light wont be able to without Ryuzaki noticing. Growling as I am slid around the trunk from his recklessness speeding through turns. And with my hands bound behind me I couldn't raise them to prevent my head from hitting the side of the trunk. Beyond the roar of the sports car I hear something fainter behind us causing me to smile. Weddy was on her bike behind us. Just as I had hoped. Maybe they will get me out of here. Hearing Higuchi's laughter I cringe, he really is a bad guy one worth killing. His laughter sounds like a maniac someone that has long been shoved passed the edge of sanity as he continues to laugh. Getting louder as he does. I hear a voices coming from up front. Muffled by both the sound of the car and the wall of the back seat. "Next thing you new I was in a hotel room with all 8 of them!"

I hear laughing before the quiet words. "well that's rather amusing"

" but if I give you any more details I'm afraid the people that were there that night would know which one of them is kira. So I think I better leave it at that for now."

"Of course please take the time to relay the details of your ordeal to find Kira."

"And so according to you it was actually at that party that you met Kira."

"Yes, but of course at the time I had no way of knowing he was actually Kira"

"So that means he saw your face. This is incredible I think it is amazingly courageous of you to step forward and appear on this program. Are you sure you're okay with it?"

"Yes, after I started investigating him I found there are two things that Kira has to have in order to kill someone. There are rumors on the TV and the internet as to what those two things might be but I know the truth. But Kira only knows one of those two things about me so that means I should be safe."

"Rem" I hear Higuchi ask. "What do you think?"

"Huh? What do I think? About what may I ask?"

"Do you think that I'll get to Yoshida Productions only to find his file isn't there?"

"Why ask my opinion? I don't see how I am suppose to know something like that."

"If this guy was smart then he would destroy everything that connects him with his real name before he even appeared on TV. And don't you think it's a little too reckless for Yoshida Productions to just let me into their offices unsupervised? Maybe not, if there was a robbery they would figure out right away who did it since I know where the key is. Even if he does have a file at Yoshida it could just be another Alias. Damn it! I wouldn't put it past this guy to do something like that. No wonder he is confident."

"That may be true, but if he knows that you are Kira he's going to announce your name in public. That's an inescapable fact."

"Alright there is only one hour left until the big announcement!"

"Your only option is to go. If the name on his file is false that'll be unfortunate but if it isn't then you can kill him discretely with the note book."