Chapter 22

Chapter 22

"I just noticed something, all the deaths that are beneficial to Yotsuba are concentrated around the weekends with the exception of the first few victims that times of death appears to be more random more recently they take place between Friday night and Saturday afternoon."

"I'm amazed you even noticed that chief."

"Matsuda, I thought I told you to stop calling me chief."

"I'm sorry but you'll always be the chief to me."

"This is a really important clue dad, nice work."

"Well you know how I cant let myself fall behind you and Ryuzaki. After all the last thing I want is to be dead weight."

"Dead weight.."

"Is Kira someone from yotsuba? Or is Kira simply using Yotsuba, I haven't figured that out yet but we will proceed under the assumption that this is kira's doing. We will focus on Yotsuba." As I sit there on the stairs just out of sight I close my eyes. This was all taking too long in my opinion. Besides, there is another important matter.. Should I forgive them? I want to forgive light with every fiber of my being but.. Why didn't he stop and think about what would happen since I was hand cuffed to Ryuzaki, his target at the time. It's unlike him to let his emotions get in the way.

"This is all of the yotsuba group's employees... here."

"thank you very much"

"that's 300,000 people how did you put this together so quickly? That's amazing Mogi."

"He's been incredibly efficient from the start."

"Ryuzaki! Please tell me is there anything I can do to help with the investigation. Besides the manager thing?"

"So you.. Really want to be useful?"

"Yes!"

"Then could you get me another cup of coffee?"

"Ehh?"

"And for our guests over there as well?"

"Huh?... Who are they?"

"Hold on a second who let them in?"

"those two are the newest members of the Task force." standing I walk down the stairs to see them walking up to the others."

"The name's.." the blond male starts.

"Aiber a conman." I say causing them all to look at me. Yea, I was bored so I decided to surprise everyone but Light. "And Weddy a thief by trade." Hooking my thumbs on the straps of my bag I walk past them and over to the screens. Ignoring the looks I was getting. I look at Matsuda with a smile. "I couldn't help but hear you as I was coming down the stairs. You're really sweet wanting to help out in other ways then being a manager. But, maybe you would like to come keep me some company? I've been alone for a while now and someone to talk to does sound nice."

"How did you..."

"Know?" I respond to Ryuzaki's question by finishing it for him before looking up at Motsuda. "Please."

"Oh, alright I guess it cant hurt. Heh" I smile grabbing hold of the arm of his jacket and tugging him to the elevator with me.

"Then lets go!" I smile back at the others waving my free hand. "Don't worry, he'll be back down safe and sound." We then disappear from them into the elevator as the doors close.

"Umm.. Why did you want to talk to me? Of all people."

"Oh come on don't sell yourself short."

"What do you mean?"