Chapter 44

Chapter 44

*S*

Several days have passed since then. We were now working on the sixth airport. Working our way towards the closest one on the list. Could Amane really have just used the most convenient air port? Wouldn't that have made it too easy. If she did wouldn't Watari and Lucien noticed it back when the incident at Whammy's happened? Or were they just too caught up in the Kira case to properly look into the incident? The only other way we could possibly connect her to it would be to get our hands on her note book. But.. I bite down on my bottom lip as I stare at the video. What if she had Rem kill everyone at Whammies' it was a good way to get in there and kill everyone without giving them a chance to notify Lucien or Watari. If that is the case then wouldn't pinning Amane be impossible? No, if anything else we could get her for being an accomplice with the evidence Lucien previously acquired but, I have the feeling that since he hasn't already pinned her with it. He would much rather have her for what she is. The second Kira.

That leads to the question though. If I lost my memories because I gave up ownership of the note book and according to Lucien, Light Yagami never shown evidence of loosing his memories. Then wouldn't that mean there are more note books? No, in the anime there were only two until Rem killed Lucien and Watari. That is when there was finally three. So where did this third note book come from? What am I thinking? In that note on the USB it told me I had created my own note book. So with this new found evidence there was technically three note books. But then.. If I did in fact manage to create one then would I be able to give up ownership of it like with the actual death notes? If not then what happened? Then if i could give up ownership would that actually be the death note the task force has in their possession now? I could be possible but Lucien says I lost my memories recently so it couldn't be right. In order for Higuchi to make the eye deal it would have had to of been a real death note owned by a Shinigami. With Misa giving up ownership it would prove that he had the real deal but now there are still two people killing. One most likely having the Shinigami eyes since there are people dying who's names weren't even disclosed.

"Sapphire? Are you alright?" Lucien's voice broke through my thoughts allowing me to realize he had paused the surveillance video and was now looking at me. Rubbing my eyes I try and get my thoughts strait. Should I just tell him? That there is an anime called death note and everyone he knows including himself are in it except for me? That would be the only way I could clarify my reasoning as to why I am questioning the death note that is under guard by the task force. I could give a try at explaining my thoughts leaving out the anime. Then it wouldn't seem so weird and unbelievable.

"I just had a thought." I spoke as I nip my bottom lip again. Causing me to pause as I mull through my thoughts to try and figure out how to voice them. "Pertaining to the two Kiras. We have deduced that there is indeed two of them killing again for they match the MO's of the original two. But, there is a death note in the hands of the task force. Which would lead me to wonder if Light Yagami is some how accessing that note book right under their noses. But, that can't be possible. You also said that Light Yagmi never lost his memories which means he still contained a death note or at the very least he had given it up prior to Kira Lake's detainment giving her full ownership of his own death note. With me loosing mine meant I had one too which is why I would suggest Light Yagami gave me his death note if not then... There would still have to be two out there for Amane and Light to use. These thoughts make me wonder the authenticity of the death note that is currently in the hands of the task force. Since I didn't loose my memories until later meaning I still had the death note I using when the task force got their hands on the death note they have. It's not like any one ever tried it out to see if it was actually real. Besides you, everyone was too afraid to even attempt it. So, what if Kira Lake, had some how came up with a way to replace the real death note with a fake when she had been captured by Higuchi. That still doesn't explain it though. One she would have had to be captured on purpose and two, she would have had to be the one killing when the task force was going through with their plans in capturing him. The evidence is.. Kira was bound and gagged in the trunk of the car, so there was no way for her to do the killing for him while he was suppose to be killing. Light Yagami was with you the entire time so you would have noticed if he was writing named down by somehow knowing the name of the traffic cop. Which if Light Yagami is the first Kira like we suspect him to be then he doesn't have the power to kill with only a face. Also as you had proven when you looked through the surveillance of Misa Amane she didn't write in any form of notebook the entire time you all were chasing after Higuchi. She was just sitting back reading a magazine. Which would mean..."