Chapter 27

HADRIAN'S POV

I was extremely bored as I sat through one of the many lectures I have through the day, Yule break was almost upon the school and the teachers were trying desperately to try and cram things into the teenagers' heads to prepare them for the semester finals. I on the other hand, am completely bored, although I wasn't the most intelligent person in my last life, I knew a lot more in this life thanks to Death giving me all the knowledge I needed to know.

I sighed as I leaned back in my chair slightly, unlike in other classes where we could sit wherever we had assigned seats because of Dumbledore. Which meant Tom and I were on separate sides of the room, as far away from each other as possible, but instead I was placed beside Potter. I glanced at him, I was slightly jealous that I never inherited his bulk or his height. I huffed again as Dumbledore continued to talk in depth about the theory behind transfiguration, "Am I boring Mr. Peverell?" Dumbledore asked, raising a brow irritated. I smiled sweetly before answering, "Oh no sir, not at all. I'm quite fascinated actually, I'm just tired is all. Please continue with the lecture," I kept the sweet smile on my face as I spoke, allowing my voice to drip with a sickly sweet tone. Dumbledore looked slightly unsettled as he continued the lecture, I glanced across the room to Tom, who was already staring at me intensely.

I walked down the corridor with my fingers interlinked with Tom's, we walked in silence both of us lost in thought, although my thoughts kept drifting to late night cuddles and kisses. I smirked slightly to myself, "What are you thinking of my little imp?" Tom asked raising a brow, I smirked up at him before I responded, "I'm thinking about you..." I slid my eyes up his profile as I spoke, once I made eye contact with him again he had narrowed eyes. "I would be careful love," he said with a slight growl in his voice, I only smiled innocently before looking straight ahead again. "So what are you thinking about?" I asked, he hummed in thought before responding, "I plan to go get my inheritance over the break, I want you to come with me," he looked down at me intensely.

I smiled as I nodded, "The only problem with that dear is that I'm supposed to stay here," I said. He sighed before responding. "You'll go home with Nott. He's neutral in this war and is out of Grindelwald's sight. After you get to the manner use the floo to get to Diagon Alley, I'll meet you there, then we'll head to Gringotts together," he said. I hummed in thought for a moment, "Alright I'll tell Dippet, but I'm afraid Dumbledore might have other plans for me," I responded, Tom sighed again, this time in irritation. "We'll find a way around him love don't worry," he said as he drew me closer to him by the waist.

TOM'S POV

Winter break was coming fast. We had one more day of testing before we were off for the holiday, I was anxious with anticipation. Once I have my lordships I won't have to worry too much about where I have to stay and I can finally get the family insignia to properly court Hadrian. I sighed as I waited for my lover to join me in the common room, he was taking his last exam for the day and I was waiting impatiently for his return.

I heard loud laughter as a group of snakes walked into the common room, Black being the main cause of the noise, Hadrian was standing beside him smiling slightly as well. Hadrian looked over to me his smile growing as he seemed to perk up at my presence, I watched as he walked gracefully over to me before unceremoniously flopping himself down on my lap. I chuckled as he got comfortable, he smiled at me as he got into position. "How was your exam?" I asked as I rested my arms around his waist, he sighed as he rested his head on my shoulder, "Tiring, it was too easy," he complained. "Easy to you! I was struggling the whole time! I thought it was difficult," Black protested as he sat down on one of the surrounding couches soon being joined be Lestrange, "I must agree. Although Tom you also complain about the exams being too easy," Avery said as he joined us followed by Nott and Malfoy. I chuckled at my Knights. "Where are the rest?" I asked as I noticed the lack of four members. They all shrugged, "The twins are playing a prank on some Gryffindorks, and Crabbe and Goyal or studying for their exams tomorrow," Hadrian said as he flipped open a book. I raised my brow at him as he went to read his book, "I gave the twins the idea and Crabbe and Goyal told me they were going to the library... unless if they really went canoodling," he said as he shrugged, I chuckled as everyone else barked out some laughter.

It was the day of departure, I already had my trunk packed and so did the rest of the Knights. I was floating mine and Hadrian's trunks behind us as we walked towards the small station for the train. I had an arm securely wrapped around Hadrian's waist as we walked, we only had one run in with Dumbledore where he insisted on Hadrian going to the Weasley's or the Potter's or just staying at Hogwarts where he was 'safe'. We had ignored the old coot and avoided him as we rushed to the train, quickly finding a compartment that fit all of us within it.
I sighed as I pulled Hadrian close to me, he was rambling on about something with Black, something about beezelbubs. "Is it true that your sister likes Potter Orion?"  Lestrange asked out of nowhere, Black stopped his conversation with Hadrian at that, "I believe so. She's been talking with Father about arranging a marriage... maybe it's just for benefit honestly," Black said with a bored tone, I felt Hadrian shutter, "I hate the idea of arranged marriage. I would prefer to marry someone that I love and that I know loves me back," he said before looking up at me. I smirked down at him as I leaned down and connected our lips, I could hear the others protest and cat call at our display, "Please for the love of Merlin don't start fucking in the compartment," Black groaned as Hadrian and I pulled away, "Language," Nott said with a glare as he looked over his book.

1132 Words