Two Against One

Kylie and I made it home. She was fast asleep in the backseat. I took her out of her carseat. I carried her inside and to her room. I laid her down on her bed. I went back to the car and grabbed her suit case.

I took it back to her room. I opened it and a picture fell out. I picked it up and it was her and Jade. Jade kissed her cheek and Kylie was smiling. I smiled at the picture. I placed by her bedside.

"Good night Kylie" I whispered and kissed her forehead

I went to my room and changed my clothes. I crawled into bed and went to sleep.

Later that night I heard a knock. A soft knock, I don't remember closing my door. I got up and answered the door.

"Daddy.. can I sleep with you" Kylie asked

"Of course" I said

I welcomed her in and she crawled into my bed. I held her close to me. All of sudden she starts talking.

"Daddy"

"Hmmm"

"Do you love mommy"

My eyes shot open. I looked down at her.

"Very much"

"Oh"

"Why"

"Just asking... night daddy"

It got quite all of a sudden. I really do, I really miss her so much. This whole moving on thing ain't working for me.

I wake up in a empty bed. I don't see Kylie in the bedroom. But I hear talking downstairs. I put my tshirt on and walk downstairs.

"Wheres your mom" a male voice asked

"She is rodeo'n..."

"Where"

"Durant..."

"Oh.. where's your daddy"

"Sleepin"

"Sleepin? Go wake his butt up"

"Tehe... you're funny.. what's your name"

"I am Mason... your daddy's friend"

"An annoying one" I said

They both looked my way. I sat down next to Kylie. She snuggles into me.

"She's a beauty" Mason said

"Yep takes after her momma..." I said

"I can see... hahaha...are you bucking bulls today"

"No one to babysit"

"Dad... I'm not that crazy"

"I guess we are today than"

"Alright"

Mason left to go get his things. Kylie and I went into the kitchen and cooked breakfast. We stocked up in waffles. She went to town on waffles.

"Daddy.. can I call mommy"

I looked at the clock and it was nine. She's probably still at slack.

"Uh.. why don't we wait till this afternoon... mommy is probably still roping.. ok?"

"Ok..."

Kylie and I got done eating and we washed the dishes. She went upstairs to get dressed. I followed because I'm hesitant to let her shower on her own.

She's in the shower, while I sit on the sink, waiting for her. My Kylie is growing to fast. She was talking and singing. My phone was vibrating and it was Arena.