Chapter 52

Kollin and I walked out of the hospital. I seriously don't know know what to do. I'm still bummed of what happened. Kollin took my horses to the nearest stables and fed. My body is weak right now and I know for sure I'll be sore. Normally I don't let anyone drive my truck besides significant other or family but this time a made an exception.

We left the hospital and went to go get something to eat. Im gonna try and keep this whole thing a secret, but I told Larry what happened but didnt tell him Kollin took me in. I just told him I was using the bathroom and then it happened. I know I will not hear the end of it if I told him the actual truth. Not only that after I told him, he hung up and never called back. I don't know where we stand. Im sure its bit of relief for him, he seem like he wasnt ready to be a family again.

Kollin and I pulled up to a small cafe. We were seated by a window and browsed the menu. We found out what we wanted and signaled the waitress over. We both ordered and let the waitress be on here way. Im kinda nervous around Kollin, Im exactly why. We sat in silence for a brief moment.

"How are things with you and Taylor?" I asked

"Taylor and I have been separated for two years now"

"Oh my God... Im so sorry"

"Its ok... she couldnt handle me being out on the road as much... even though I was traveling and roping with her dad"

"Yeah... its hard to love someone who travels for a living... well.. more like being with one.. it was tough for Larry and I"

"What happened between the two of you... I mean you left me for him... now look where you two are..."

"Hey... you better pull them reins... just because I chose him over you doesnt mean you start making me feel guilty about the choice I made... Ive seen you at rodeos... with different girls.. so dont try to be the innocent one... and I aint so innocent myself... so"

"I apologize.. how old is your daughter now?"

"Shes six... be seven in October..."

"Wow... What are you gonna do"

"With Larry... Or Kylie's birthday"

"Larry"

"Im not sure where we stand... Im willing to work it out.. even when we do, we end up fighting again.. cant say what we are"

"What about Kylie"

"I dont keep her away from her dad... he is her father... she does and will need her dad.. I cant keep her away from him.."

"What about this recent one"

"It was his too... I dont want to talk about this one right now..."

hr nodded his head.

*Luke's POV*

Kylie went with her grandparents to get all of this crazy stuff off her mind. Larry was still in the room hasnt come out yet and I was feeding the livestock. After I got done feeding everyone, I went back into the house. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed two beers and headed up stairs. Yes, my aunt and uncle do drink but not hard core like they use to. I knocked on Larry's door and he answered it. Holy crap, he looks exhausted big time. His hair is wildly out of place, eyes puffy and red, can see his stubble, and he looked like he hasnt showered.

"Hey bud... How... how you feeling"

"Hell... come in"

I walked in and I see pictures of family in this room. Which is quite odd, I must say. Wait a minute, this is Jade's room. A while back Jade use to stay in this room while traveling for college rodeos. There is a bunch of pictures of her from at a young age to now. I look by the bed and there was the wedding picture. Oh no, this aint good, not one bit. I handed him the bottle and he grabbed it.