What's Best

*Jade's POV*

I laid awake in bed. It's so quite without Kylie. Luke went to Phoenix to spend time with Shay. He'll meet me in Vegas. I got up and washed my face. I put my hair in a pony tail. I walk down stairs, I hear pots and pans moving around in the kitchen. I walk in and Cade is cooking up a storm. He has the oven going and water boiling.

"Good morning" I yawned

"Hey... your up... hope I didn't wake you" he said

"No... you need help"

"If you like to"

I walk towards him and he hands me the boiled potatoes. I started peeling them, while he boiled the milk and butter together. I put the peeled potatoes in a bowl and start mushing it. Cade placed the milk and butter next to me.

"This is a lot for two people" I chuckled

"Because Cody and Tyler are coming over" he said

"Oh..."

"Yeah... I called them last night"

"Hope you didn't tell them what happened"

"No... I just invited them over"

"Ok... just don't say anything"

"Alright"

Cade and I continued cooking the meal. I didn't know he knows how to cook. Then I heard my phone rang. The house phone that is.

"Can you.. get that" I asked Cade

"Yeah"

He walked towards the phone and looked at that he caller ID. He walks over with it and it was LJ. I wiped my hands and answered it.

"Hello"

"Hey... when do you want Kylie back..."

"By Saturday... if you can.."

"Oh yeah... your leaving for the finals Sunday.."

"Yep... let me know if you can.. I gotta go.. bye Larry"

"I miss you"

I hung up the phone. I walked outside to get some fresh air. Whew. Once I was calmed, I walk back inside to the kitchen. Cade was taking out the turkey. I must say not bad for a guy. He cut it and gave me a piece. I ate it and oh god! Best turkey I ate since my mom's.

"That's good..." I said

"Thank you"

"Uh... how come you didn't tell me.. you know how to cook"

"Well.. it's not the first thing I tell a girl..." he said

"Ah... what's the first thing you tell a girl" I said

"I start a casual conversation... just like how were doing.. and I ask her basic questions.. truth is.. your the first girl who I cooked for and who I told I can cook... haha.. but yeah" he said and put his head down shyly

"How can you not have a girlfriend... I mean look at you... your handsome.. you rodeo for a living now... your one heck of a cook.. you can put a smile on anyone's face... your a great guy..."

"I don't know... I guess I never found the right one... I've had a girlfriend... but she cheated.. so yeah.. and you..."

"Well.. there was three... one in high school.. he made my life hell... then there was LJ... and then Kollin.. and back to LJ... I guess these three have a lot in common... hahahaha... but normally I don't chase..I never really wanted a relationship then... but I guess we have to settle down at one point.. right?... I have everything I always wanted.. my own place.. I rodeo for a living... I have beautiful baby girl.... and I got the best road crew..."