Too Fast

As we sat in silence, I started getting bored. It was completely silence between us. The only sound was the water running and some bugs. It was that silent, and I started getting impatient. He was done eating and all but he just sat there, quitely.

"Alright Larry... let's hear it" I said

"Where do you want me to start" he questioned

"How about comfronting... whatever you're hiding... let it out... no more secrets nor lies Larry..."

"One.. I was with girls... but did I sleep with em? No... two.. I knew Cade before you... three I didn't mean what I said about Christen... I don't love her... especially what she did before I started dating you... and last I lo-"

"What did she do" I asked

"She cheated on me with your ex boyfriend... Which I never knew until that night in Vegas... enough of that... no more stories are being told tonight... they one thing I want to talk about is you and I"

"What about you and I"

"Don't you miss it?"

"Larry... if I missed it than why did I file? I don't miss the tears.. the hurt... the lies... I don't... not one bit... and I wi-"

"Is that all you remember throughout our relationship? Was the bad part of it... Jade we had more good than bad... the bad was only when you caught me or when lies are being told... how many times did you catch me? Don't even count the one in the bar that night... I've told you that wasn't for you to see.. it was for Christen... she was suppose to meet me there that night... how many have you caught me with"

"Three" I mumbled

"I'm sorry what?"

"Nashville and Cheyenne and Decatur or wherever you and Trent went that night"

"Do you think I ment to hit you that night?"

"I don't know"

"No I didnt... you're actually the first girl I hit in my entire life... and when I confessed this to my mom... real mom.. she handled my ass... seriously I never had any intentions of harming you or Kylie.. I've told you before Jade... you and Kylie are the best thing that's ever happened to me... if I were to win the biggest rodeo in the whole world...it never be compared to how I feel about you and Kylie... never... if I have to let you rodeo more to keep this family going... I would.. I can help Kylie with the stock contracting... I've always been there for you but it was my choice when I should be there... but the times I put it off... those were the ones I regretted... I shouldve been there more... day in and day out... I know Kylie miss us being a family... she tells me every time... dad when are you and mom going to be together...why aren't we with mom... Jade it's hard dealing with this... what am I gonna tell her... Kylie I don't think there's a chance for us... cause I messed everything up... which I told her that night when we went to go get pizza... she even told me she hated me at one point... I love you both... no matter what situation we are in... you and Kylie are always in my heart... I may not say it enough but it's true"

Now it was my turn to sit quite. For one I do miss rodeo'n, two Larry can show Kylie more about the stock contracting and can we give this a go? I'm hesitant to do it, but that night it felt like no other. Honestly I never been with anyone since the divorce. Kaleb and I only been together for a year. We haven't done it but with Larry that night it felt more like passion than a one night stand. But why?

"Jade?"

"Yeah"

"I... uh... hold on"

He jumped off the truck and went to the backseat. He pulls out a guitar case, what in the world? Where did he get that from?