22.

Chan pov

It was the weekend and Hansol hyung and I were moving in with Minghao hyung. My dad was lying down wasted and mom was as usual nowhere to be seen. I didn't have much stuff anyways so packing was done rather quickly. I tiptoed with my stuff out of the door. Just as I was keeping the key back, my dad grabs me from  my collar and leads me into his room. I had never been strong like Jeonghan hyung, so I always let him do whatever he wanted. He slammed me into the wall. My head started bleeding a little.

"You piece of shit." He raises his bat high into the air and I brace myself for the impact but it dosen't come. I look up and see Jeonghan hyung holding the bat back. His eyes were filled with rage.

"You will not hurt my brother anymore." His wretches the bat from his hand and throws it away. Suddenly, the others rush in and form a protective circle in front of me. There are tears welling in my eyes. They were my protectors. Seungcheol hyung gives me a hand and lifts me up. He looks at me with eyes full of rage and love.

"I will not let another one of my friends go."

Seungcheol pov

It has been two months since Seungkwan's death and I still hadn't read his letter. Before going to Jeonghan's house to help Chan, I take out his letter and start reading it.

Cheollie hyung,

I am sorry and thankful about so many things. I'm so thankful that you look after me in the big scary city of Seoul. I'm sorry that I didn't listen to you about Jeonghan hyung, he turned out to be a great person (I never said that). I'm so thankful that you protected me from bad things and helped to put a smile on my face everytime. Wow, I'm starting to get really emotional. The good thing about you is how strong you are. You will do everything in your power to protect the people you love. Even if I'm not there in this world, I hope you will continue to protect people around you. Also give Jeonghan hyung a chance. He seems to genuinely like you. Don't get afraid to get hurt. Because he won't.

I fold the letter and let my tears fall. I felt weak and strong at the same time.

"Don't worry Seungkwan. I will protect us." I think to myself.

"And you will not be alone in that." I look up and see Jeonghan standing there.

"You really should stop saying your thoughts out loud like that." He sits down beside and I allow myself to fall in his arms. He keeps messing my hair and muttering, "My Cheollie."

"As much as I like cuddling with you, we have to go." He tries to get up but I'm still holding him tight.

"Hannie-ya" I start.

"Yes Cheollie?"

"I wanna try us in a relationship."

Soonyoung pov

As we stood in front of Chan to protect him, our silence is broken by Seungcheol hyung.

"I will not let another one of my friends go."

"If you try to harm him, I will have to kick you in your balls." Jihoon says. Even though he is shorter than him, right now he towering over him. He might be small but he is far from timid.

"He might actually do it." Wonwoo adds.

"You fucking bastards." He gets up but before he could have go, Jeonghan hyung punches him in the nose. We hear the crack of the bone and blood spurts out of him.

"That's for my brother and I." He takes Chan by the arm and drags him out.

"How can he perfect grammar even when he is angry?" Joshua says.