28.

Minghao pov

I was walking back from the cafe to my office. I was crossing the road when I see someone. Someone I hadn't seen in years.

 Mom and Dad

My trauma triggers and I'm unable to move. I sink to road. My breathing constricts and my vision becomes blurry. I don't notice the red light turn green. I feel a car hit me and I fall on the road. Blood is gushing from my skull. The last thing I remember seeing is a stranger's face.

Seokmin pov

I ran as fast as I could to the hospital. Minghao had to be alright. I was too afraid to think about the alternative. I arrive out of breath and run straight to the receptionist.

"I'm here for Xu Minghao."

"He is the O.R. Third floor." I give her a quick thanks before running there. I see that the surgery is still going on. While waiting, I decide to give our friend group the update.

Gay Boys

Me

I have news everyone

Tiger

Are you and Minghao back together?

BrokeafJihoonhyung

We haven't used this gc in forever.

Is Seokhao back?

Sister in law

I read seokhao and immediately came online.

Hyung

Will you let the poor guy talk?

Thank you hyung

Hyung

You are welcome.

What's up?

I'm the hospital.

Minghao got in an accident.

Junmonster

What did you just say?

Woo

How?

Channie

Where?

Chwenotchew

When?

Gyu

I just got here.

What did I miss?

Jisooschrist

Me too.

Wait I just scrolled up.

Which hospital is this?

He got hit by a car.

We are in Yulje Hospital near his work.

Junmonster

On my way.

My classes for the day are over

I put my phone down and see the doctor is out. I rush to her immediately.

"Are you Lee Seokmin?" The doctor with the kindest face asks.

"Yes. How is Minghao?"

"Well fragments of his bone were in the brain. We had to do a procedure called craniectomy. To be completely honest, our motive during the surgery was to keep the brain function alive, which it is. His brain is still swollen so we couldn't close him up. We will check every 30 minutes and once we can, we will close him up. He will be moved ICU in an hour so you can see him then."