CHAPTER 21

Tutututut! Tutututut! Tutututut!

New cracked his left eye open wide enough to see the phone on his bedside table. He sighed as he reach his hand and turned off his phone alarm.

"Hin?", Tay's voice startled him that it made him jump on the bed.

"Aw. Hi love. What time did you get here?", New said while he was rubbing his eyes and blinking slowly.

"I'm home early. I think 9..? But I found you peacefully snoring already that's why I didn't bother waking you up. You seem tired. What did you do all day?" Tay was sitting on the bed probably watching wildlife documentaries or something on You Tube, his back leaning on the headboard.

"I cleaned the house", New yawned, although he still have the hang of drowsiness, hestood up and picked a box under the bed.

"But you just cleaned yesterday, right?"

"I mean your condo", New took out what's inside the box and crawled over the bed slowly and he started singing , "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday.. to you. Happy birthday," Tay chuckled on how New struggled to keep his tone, "happy birthday.. Happy birthday to you", New beamed happily as he finished the song. "Happy birthday my love..", he said with a cake on his hands and planted a soft kiss on Tay's heart-shaped lips.

"Did you just put cake under our bed?", Tay smiled as he took hold of what looks like a plate with a small cake on it, "No candle?"

"I was about to put a candle but then it will ruin the cuteness of the cake. Look, I'm the one who decorated those letters."

"Oh yeah? That obviously took a lot of effort", Tay was just looking at the cake, his smile didn't fade away the whole time, "Thank you Hin", he said while patting New's head.

"Hold this I'll take a picture of you", Tay handed over the plate to New and move over the edge of the bed.

"Why me?"

"Because it's your work of art."

New fixed his hair a bit and positioned the cake where the design can be clearly seen.

"Nueng, song, sam!"

"Now put this inside the fridge, I'll have it for breakfast tomorrow

"Now put this inside the fridge, I'll have it for breakfast tomorrow."

"But it's my cake."

"Yes it is, and you're sharing it with me. Right?"

"Oii", Tay said almost audible and went downstairs.

"Did you say you were at the condo today?", Tay asked when he came back after closing the room door.

"I said that?"