Prologue

Flashback to a couple weeks earlier - Best Friend Magic:
Matt's POV: As I laid down in bed with my beautiful wife of 3 years, I couldn't help but smile as I held her in my arms and just rubbed her back. We had an amazing night last night after she came back to Chicago for a fundraising event for her work in Puerto Rico. I was incredibly proud of her and knew that this was the best move for her. She seemed so happy there. I just wish I had the courage to risk everything and go there but...I couldn't. I was too scared to do that.

Rubbing her back as I held her close, I sighed considering I had shift today. I didn't want to leave but I knew I had to. "Gabby?" Waking up, Gabby looked up at me and smiled. "Hey, what time is it?" I sighed when she said that. "Not early enough. I am so sorry to do this but...I have shift today babe." Gabby nodded when I said that, understanding. "Nothing I can do yet to convince you to join me?" I sighed and held her close. "I want to say yes but...I'm a Chicago guy babe."

Gabby nodded and understood. "I am just glad we are still married. Sure, doing it from afar is hard but...at least we visit each other. Your turn to visit next time. Promise?" I nodded when she said that. "I promise, right after I celebrate a bit here with the guys...I am coming right down to Puerto Rico to be with my girl over Christmas." Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded. "I plan on holding you to that." Kissing me softly, Gabby smiled while holding me close. "You need to get up and take a shower?" I nodded.

"Go start it for me okay? I am going to take a shower with you to say goodbye." I smiled when she said that. "Don't have to ask me twice." Getting up and going to grab my towel, I smiled as I prepared to take a shower with my girl before she had to leave. Boy was I going to miss her but, I was glad we got to spend our third anniversary together. But little did I know that, she would be back in Chicago before I could ever make my way down to Puerto Rico.

The reason? We were going to be starting a family.