Chapter 57

Matt's POV: After making our way into the bedroom together, me and Gabby went to sit on the bed. Turning on my laptop, I went to log in so I could print off the schedules. Meanwhile, Gabby grabbed my hand and just looked at me. "Hey, can we talk?" I then turned to look at her and nodded. "Of course. Something bothering you babe?" Gabby sighed when I asked her that. "I was just thinking about it and...I want you to ask Chief to try and give you less of this time of work. You know, the responsibilities that he's put on you since you became captain?"

I then looked at her, confused. "Babe, I've had these jobs for a while." Gabby then looked at me. "And I get that, I do Matt. I just don't want you to have to do stuff in the middle of the night. You are going to want to be with me as much as possible when you are off shift and I am pregnant. Then, when I give birth...even more. If you tell Chief ahead of time, he can be ready for you wanting to give stuff back to him. Matt, I am not going to make you but...I want you to think about it okay?" I nodded and agreed with her when she asked me that.

"Hey, that makes perfect sense and it is reasonable. I should've thought about that when you asked me that. You are going to need me here and there is nowhere I would rather be than by your side as we raise our child together." Gabby smiled when I said that before moving close to me and going to kiss me softly. "Now, can I see your schedule. And can you print yours off for me? That way, when you are on shift...I don't have to ask you when your other shifts are. I can book the appointments around your shifts." I thought about that and nodded.

"If you can't babe, don't worry about it. I will talk to Chief and tell him that this baby here is my priority for the rest of my life. If I need to go to an appointment, I will make sure he takes over truck for a bit so I can be with you. He will understand Gabby." Gabby nodded when I said that. "I know we told him over the phone but...do you think he's in today?" I then went to check the schedule I had on the computer and nodded. "Yeah, it says he's at the firehouse right now. He's also going to be working the soup kitchen along with Hermann, Cindy, Mouch and Trudy."

Gabby smiled when I said that. "I've already spoke to him a bit of course but...I just want to have a conversation the three of us. You know, together so we can work stuff out. Maybe ask him to give us a hand with keeping the stress down, reducing the work and being more understanding if you have to take days off. I just want to get that out in the open. And I want to tell him that this is a high risk pregnancy and why it is. I want him to know so he can help us and understand if you are stressed and act out. Matt, I get I am the one that's pregnant but this will be hard on you too." I nodded when she said that and smiled at her. "I love you, you're the best."

Gabby smiled when I said that and went to kiss me softly. "I love you too and I know." I laughed when she said that and nodded. "I am going to print some extra ones off for Severide and Stella. Then, I am going to e-mail it to everybody. We can go to the firehouse right after we eat. Go out there with our friends, let me know when it's ready okay?" Gabby nodded and agreed with me, giving me one last kiss before going out to the kitchen again. Meanwhile, I did my work quickly so that we could head to the firehouse.

NOTE: I am going to be skipping breakfast. Next chapter is when they are leaving to go to the firehouse. (Severide and Stella are joining them since they are working the soup kitchen.)