Chapter 46

Matt's POV: After driving Gabby home from her mom's place, I smiled when he walked into the apartment together to see Severide and Stella relaxing in the recliner in front of the fireplace. "Glad to see you guys are having a quiet Christmas Eve." Severide then turned to look at me. "Hey, what are you guys doing home already?" I then smiled at him while going to take off our jackets. "She got tired, pregnancy." Stella nodded and agreed. "Well, we could always hang out if you guys wanted to. But, it's totally up to you guys." Gabby then looked at me and sighed.

"The truth is, some of my mom's cooking isn't making me feel that good." I then looked at her and got concerned. "Hey, why didn't you tell me?" Gabby then went to grab my hand. "Because I didn't want to hurt my mom's feelings." I then sighed when she said that before going to wrap my arms around her. "Listen, what do you say we go lay down in bed and you can rest. Want some water or anything?" Gabby nodded. "Can you get me some water?" I agreed and smiled at her. "Go relax. If you need anything to eat, I can make you something too. Whatever you need."

Gabby shook her head when I said that before going to kiss my cheek. "Thanks though. See you in a minute." I smiled when she said that before watching her walk away to our room. Looking at Severide, I smiled at them. "How's your Christmas going? Because mine was fricken' awkward." I then went to grab Gabby's water bottle and filled it up. I knew she needed a few minutes so, I decided to just go join Stella and Severide. Looking at me, Severide was confused. "What's up man?" I then sighed. "I haven't dealt with my in-laws in a while. It was awkward."

Stella nodded when I said that. "Were they at least cordial and nice?" I nodded and smiled. "Yeah, it's not that they don't like me...I could just tell they were all concerned for Gabby." Severide nodded and agreed with me. He knew about the aneurysm because he was my best friend. And yes, I asked Gabby if I could tell him (and Stella) so that I had some people to talk about it. It was hard sometimes, not knowing what was happening with her health and whether we were doing the right thing right now. "Does it have to do with her aneurysm?"

I nodded. "I just hope I just helped calm down their fears when it comes to this instead of making them worse. I just wished we didn't have to talk about it right now of all times. Yeah, let's talk about my wife's aneurysm that could possibly kill her because he is pregnant. Oh and let's do it on Christmas Eve. Yeah, perfect time to talk about that." That's when Gabby came out and sighed. "You know they only brought it up because I wanted to talk about it right?" Looking at her, I could tell I screwed up when I said that. I then sighed.

"Guys, this is going to have to be the end of our conversation for now. I am going to grab Gabby some water and then join her in our room. We need to talk." Stella nodded and agreed with me. "Want me to talk to her first?" I shook my head. "This is something that I have to talk to her about, I am her husband and I need to show her that I am in this with her. That's my priority right now. I need to show her that this was the right move for us and we are not making a mistake in keeping this pregnancy. This is our time to have a baby."

Severide then got up when I said that and nodded as he came to give me a hug. "Later, we'll have a meal together. Right now, go spend time with your girl." I nodded and agreed with him, smiling as I went to go get her some water before heading to our room so that me and Gabby could talk. I just hope I didn't screw things up between us.