Chapter 77

Matt's POV: After finishing up in the washroom and getting dressed in the bedroom, I came out to see Gabby in the kitchen wearing some nice jeans and one of my sweaters. Walking up behind her in the kitchen, I went to wrap my arms around her and smiled while putting my head on her shoulder. "You weren't kidding when you said you weren't going to join me." Gabby then sighed as she turned to look at me. "Matt, I hate to remind you but...I need to preserve my energy. I need to get this done so I have my things. I need anti-nausea meds too. So..." I nodded, understanding. "Hey, say no more. I understand Gabby. Don't feel bad for not joining me."

Walking over to her, I put my hands next to her on the counter and just felt her wrap her arms around me so that she could hold me close. Kissing the top of her head, I smiled while looking down at her. "Listen, you know that I am always on your side right? Whatever you need...I will always understand. Please, don't sweat it babe." Gabby nodded when I said that and agreed. She then went to pull away so that I could look at her. "If you want, I can go do the shopping. If you need rest, just stay here babe." Gabby then bit her lip. "I would rather get the pills myself. I want to talk to the pharmacist. Maybe you can get something for supper."

I nodded and agreed with her. "Anyways, you need to pick out your snacks anyways." Gabby smiled when I said that. "Yeah, I do. And you can get supper. Just remember that I can't drink alcohol. And that includes beer and champagne." I smiled when she said that and nodded. "I know and I am actually glad because of the reason you can't drink it." Gabby smiled when I said that. "Maybe after we can go talk to Cruz and see if I can get into his wedding instead of Sylvie." I laughed when she said that and nodded. "You have to meet Chloe more anyways. Maybe I can give him a call." Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "You haven't met her yet have you?"

Gabby then shook her head. "I mean, quickly at the firehouse but...not officially. Think maybe we can do that first? I really would like to ask him to make sure he puts you and Sylvie together at the wedding. Either that or you and me. But, I am not going to push it." I then smiled at her. "Oh, we are going to push it. Listen, let me give him a call. You go look in the fridge to see what we need." Gabby nodded and agreed with me kissing me quickly before going to check the fridge for what we need. Meanwhile, I walked away to the bedroom so that I could call Cruz. I wanted to talk to him about coming over and maybe getting Gabby in the wedding.

I went to call him and then smiled as I stood in our room. "What's up Captain?" I then smiled when he said that. "Hey Cruz, I was hoping to talk to you about something. First, Gabby would love to meet Chloe more on a one-on-one basis and...I know this is pushing it but, maybe try and convince her to let her be my partner in the wedding? I mean, think of the optics man. I do not want to walk another woman down the aisle." Cruz laughed when I said that. "You just don't like being partnered up with your brother-in-law's ex-girlfriend." I agreed with him. "I mean, it's a little awkward. I mean, I am not going to push it of course."

Cruz laughed when I said that. "Dude, we can definitely do that for you. Honestly, I would love to have you guys in the wedding party. I don't even know if Sylvie is going to come yet...she hasn't RSVP'd. I know that Gabby will come so, we can definitely put her into the wedding." That's when I heard Chloe. "What are you doing changing my bridesmaids on me?" Cruz sighed when Chloe asked her that. "Matt, how about you guys come over for lunch? We can talk about it together. I am just glad that Gabby is going to be able to come to our wedding!" I agreed with him. "Yeah, the wedding. The after party is still a TBD of course."

Cruz laughed when I said that. "Can you just send me a text when you're on your way. By the way, I am going to hang out with you as a friend and business partner today. I part-own Molly's." I agreed with him. "Of course. See you soon Cruz. We'll be over in the next hour maybe?" Cruz laughed. "Then we are treating you to lunch. As a way to send our congratulations on the baby. See you soon Matt." I smiled and agreed, going to hang up before walking out to look at Gabby. "Want to head to Cruz's place before we head to the store?" Gabby then turned to look at me. "Why exactly?" I then smiled at her. "Bridesmaid and meet Chloe."

Gabby smiled when I said that. "Store first or after?" I then bit my lip. "We can do a mobile order for the stuff we need and I can pick it up. We can stop at the pharmacy on the way back...that okay?" Gabby nodded and smiled at me. "Sure thing. Now, I am just going to grab a snack bar and then we can be on our way to Cruz's place." I nodded and agreed with her before going to walk over to her. Wrapping my arms around her, I went to kiss her softly and smiled at her. "I love you." Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded as she just hugged me for a bit. "I love you too Matt and thanks for trying to get me in his wedding party."

I smiled and agreed with her. "Believe me, there is nobody I would rather walk down the aisle with than my beautiful wife." Gabby just laughed and smiled at me as she rubbed my back. Kissing the top of her head, I smiled at her. "Next, I just need to talk to you about getting a new car for us." I then looked at her. "What?"