December 23rd, 2019

Matt's POV: As I wake up alone in bed the morning after celebrating the fact that me and Gabby were expecting our first child together (well, if you don't include the first pregnancy)...I was fully expecting her to be right where she was last night, in my arms. However, she wasn't. Thinking last night was all a dream, I went to look around and saw a light on in the bathroom. I knew that wasn't normal and decided to get up and grab my towel. Making my way to the washroom, I saw what the problem was. Gabby was currently having morning sickness. "Hey, I'm here."

Gabby then turned to look at me and nodded as I bent down to grab her hair. Holding it up, I could tell this was rough on her. Once she was done, she flushed the toilet and then went to sit down next to it. Just looking at her, I felt so bad for her. "Has it been this bad since the start of the pregnancy?" Gabby nodded when I said that before reaching her hand out for me. "Can you get me a towel. I am naked if you can't tell." I smirked when she said that. "Yes, and you look amazing." Once she was up, I went to grab her a towel. Putting it on, she looked at me.

Stepping close to her, I went to put my hands on the counter next to her while she wrapped her arms around me and held me close. "You haven't been to the doctor yet have you?" Gabby shook her head when I asked her that. "No, and I need to get meds. I can't have morning sickness like that when I figure out what I am doing for work in the new year." I then looked at her while holding her. "Okay first, you need to just relax. We have a lot to think about before that. First, we need to tell our families. Then, we need to get a doctor's appointment."

Gabby nodded when I said that. "You want to go back to that specialist or do you just want to go to an OB/GYN?" I thought about it and realized it was too early and too soon. "Right now, I don't want you to worry about that. Right now, it's Christmas Eve, Eve. And you still have to tell your brother that you think you are expecting. Or do you want to wait until we are past the 6 weeks mark? By the way, I still want to go check whether you are okay after your flight." Gabby then stared at me. "Yeah, yeah." I then stared at her. "Hey, don't do that Gabby...this is serious."

Gabby then listened to me as I got really close to her. "I don't want to proceed without knowing everything. Remember what I said. If there is even a chance where I am going to loose you, we are going to have to really discuss putting your life first. Gabby, I don't want to have that discussion yet okay? I just found out last night. And it's Christmas in 2 days. Right now, I want to celebrate with you. In fact, want to just stay around the house today or do you want to go out?" That's when Gabby heard her phone ring. I sighed and just looked at her.

Walking out of the washroom, Gabby went to go see who was calling her. I went to follow her too and just looked at her. "It's Antonio." I then nodded as she picked up. "Hey Antonio. I am going to put you on speaker." He obviously agreed because Gabby did just that. "Hey Antonio. How's stuff in the Dominican Republic?" Antonio then spoke to me. "Does he know yet Gabby?" I then laughed. "Yes, I am aware that Gabby is pregnant." Antonio was happy about that. "Good, now what are you doing? I know you didn't want this. Gabby told me about the aneurysm."

I then looked at her. "Good, that means you know why I was so opposed in the first place." Antonio seemed to realize that I wasn't opposed anymore. "And now?" I smiled while walking over to Gabby and wrapping my arms around her. "I am really happy to have my wife back in my arms and I like the idea that we are possibly going to be having a baby next year. I have missed her like crazy and regret not going with her." Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded. "So, you going to stay there in Chicago or are you going to come to the Dominican with the family?"

Gabby sighed when he asked her that. "I think for now, we need to stay here. I don't have a job anymore because I knew that I needed to be with Matt. So sorry Matt but, you are going to have to support us for a while. That okay?" I nodded when she said that. "You never have to ask me that. I am your husband and it is my job to support you." Gabby smiled when I said that before going to grab my hand. Intertwining our fingers, she smiled while I held her in my arms. "Well listen, you just keep my sister safe and I'll come visit soon."

Me and Gabby both liked the sound of that. "Sounds like the plan. Now listen, I have to go take a shower. Then, I need to mkae Gabby some breakfast." Antonio agreed. "Of course. Gabby, I expect a call on Christmas. Oh and enjoy Christmas together! I know you didn't have it last year." I laughed when he said that. "I snuck down to Puerto Rico last year, so we did. Now listen, I am going to start the shower. I made sure it heats up much faster than before." Rubbing Gabby's back, I smiled as I went to kiss her shoulder. "Be right in."

I smiled when she said that before walking away so that I could get the shower ready for us. Meanwhile, Gabby had a quick conversation with her brother before coming to join me.