Chapter 49

Gabby's POV: After watching a couple of the Christmas classics (in English) for the first time, I smiled while Matt wrapped his arm around me and just looked at me. I decided to move off his chest and was now just laying down next to him in bed with the covers still on top of us as we held each other in bed. Grabbing his hand and intertwining over fingers as I put my head on his shoulder, I then went to turn Matt's head so he was looking down at me. "I am still shocked that we have never watched those together. Those were adorable and just...something I'll always remember." Matt smiled at me when I said that. "Just wait, next year we get to do it with your kid. Or kids if it's twins." I got a bit nervous when he said that. "I am not sure I would want that."

Matt then looked at me, seemingly confused. "What do you mean Gabby?" I sighed while looking at him. "Matt, I want a baby for sure. But, I still want to play it safe. I know this is all dangerous but...I think doing twins might be just a bit too risky for my liking. I know that you aren't going to like hearing this but..." Matt then understood what I was trying to say. "If it's twins, you want to figure out a way so that it's only one baby instead of two. I am positive that there are ways to do that." I then sighed and just went to rub his chest. "You aren't mad that I feel that way?" Matt shook his head. "Hey, look at me." Looking up into his eyes, I decided to look at him. "I think what you are saying is completely true. We want to play this safe. I mean, as safe as possible."

I nodded and agreed with him. "And if us terminating part of the pregnancy is our best bet for both you and one of the babies to survive...then I am okay with that Gabby. Remember what I said my priority was when it came to us having this baby. It was to make sure that you survive this. If that means that we need to make the hard choice to terminate one of our twins in order to save your life...and possibly the life of the other twin, then I am not only okay with doing it...I am going to be advocating for it. Gabby, I am shocked you even said that." I was confused when he said that. "What do you mean?" Matt then laughed. "You saying it first is so refreshing because it means we are on the same page. I didn't even think about it before you said it."

I nodded and smiled when he said that. "Then again, twins would be nice. Then we wouldn't have to worry about trying for a second child. We would be done." Matt then bit his lip. "And it would also be riskier. But at the end of the day, all that matters is that you survive this babe. If we go to an OB/GYN that thinks you can survive this...we'll definitely try to continue with twins." Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded. "Now listen, as much as I love doing this...think you can go make me the leftovers we brought home for supper? I think that's what we might have to do instead of big meals from now on. Pregnant women tend to get hungrier." Matt laughed when I said that and nodded. Kissing me softly, he smiled when I said that. "When we get back, you want to do more movies?"

Gabby then looked at me. "Think we can do something else?" I then got a bit concerned. "Something like what?" Gabby then went to put her hand on my neck. "I was thinking about looking online for good breathing exercises for pregnancy. Oh and good OB/GYNs that deal with high risk pregnancies here in Chicago. I know we said we'd ask people but...I want to do research myself so that we can find someone we both like." I nodded and agreed with her. "Honestly, I think we should do that as soon as possible. I want to get you in to see an OB/GYN as soon as possible so that we can talk to her about our options and our fears. You do realize that even though I am supporting you in this...I am scared like crazy right? The risks are high for us."

Gabby nodded when I said that. "And I understand Matt. You are scared to loose me again. But believe me when I say this babe, I am not going anywhere. I am not leaving Chicago and I am definitely not leaving you anything soon. So, you are going to be stuck with me whether you like it or not." I laughed when she said that before going to get up. Bending down to give her a quick kiss, I smiled and just looked into her eyes. "I love you and we are going to make it through this. I just have this feeling." Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded. "Me too. Now, go get me those leftovers for supper so that we can do our research." I nodded and agreed with her, ready to look up some good doctors we can use to help us successfully get through this pregnancy.