My Heaven

It is the night before Kurapika leaves for his mission. Leorio had the night off and prepared a little going away party for Kurapika.

Leorio, Kurapika, and Kohana all sit at the kitchen table enjoying the delicious food Leorio had ordered for them.

"This is a lot of food for the three of us." says Kurapika.
"You have really outdone yourself, Dr. Paradinight." says Kohana.
"Hey, just call me Leorio outside of work." Leorio tells Kohana.

Leorio pours three glasses of wine. He hands a glass to Kurapika and Kohana.

"Here's to Kurapika! May he have a safe and successful mission!" exclaims Leorio while holding his glass in the air.
Leorio drinks the entire glass of wine. Kurapika and Kohana only take a sip and place their glasses down.

"Kurapika, I am really sad to see you go." says Kohana.
"I shall return shortly. Don't feel sad." says Kurapika.
"But when? Will I be able to call you?" asks Kohana.
"I'm afraid not. The use of cell phones is strictly forbidden." answers Kurapika.
"I hate this!" yells Kohana.
"Hey, I am here now. Let us not think about tomorrow." says Kurapika.

The three of them spend the rest of the evening playing board games and sharing stories. Leorio stands up, feeling tipsy.

"It's getting kinda late. I'm going to head to my room to give you two some privacy." says Leorio, smiling.
"Thank you, Leorio." says Kurapika.

Leorio goes to his bedroom, leaving Kurapika and Kohana alone in the living room. They both get up to talk on the balcony. The sky is clear and the stars are bright. The crescent shaped moon can be seen in the distance. The ocean can also be seen from the balcony. There is a warm summer breeze. They are standing against the railing, looking out to the ocean. Kurapika turns to face Kohana.

"You know, I am not liking this either. Having to be away from you." says Kurapika.
"Kurapika, this is so unfair! It's only been two weeks, however, I can't help how I feel about you! I am really scared. You can't tell me anything. I have no idea where you will be." explains Kohana, angrily.
"You do not need to worry about me. Please don't. This is what I do." says Kurapika, holding Kohana against his chest.

Kohana starts to cry.

"I told you not to feel sad for me. I promise I will return to you. This is not goodbye." says Kurapika.

Kurapika gives Kohana a kiss. She steps up on her toes to reach Kurapika and kisses him back.

"My Heaven." Kurapika whispers to Kohana.
"Huh?" asks Kohana.
"Being next to you is what I imagine Heaven feels like." says Kurapika, smiling.
"Kurapika!" exclaims Kohana.

Kohana places her ear against Kurapika's chest to listen to his heartbeat. They both see a shooting star in the sky.

"My wish is that you stay with me forever." says Kohana as the shooting star fades away.

The next morning, Kurapika is preparing to leave. It is early so Leorio and Kohana are still sleeping. He doesn't want to disturb them so he writes them each a letter. He places them on the counter and quietly leaves the apartment to begin his mission.

A few hours later, Kohana wakes up. She doesn't see Kurapika anywhere and begins to panic.

"He didn't tell me goodbye!" she yells, angrily.

Her yelling wakes up Leorio. He walks to the kitchen, half asleep.

"Good morning, Kohana. What's wrong?" asks Leorio.
"He left without saying goodbye!" answers Kohana.
"Yeah, typical Kurapika." says Leorio.