Chapter One

Leyla's Point of View:

"To be a lady in waiting is a gift little one, you will become an advisor and a friend to the Queen to be. It is important that you do not neglect your lessons for you will offer comfort and guidance to her. It is a honour and I am so pleased and proud that you were chosen by the King for this duty." Nona was beaming with pride, her eyes were filled with so much love that she grabbed Nona by the shoulders and held her tightly.

The werewolf community predominantly resided on a country which fell between Italy and Greece. It was enchanted so that it was hidden to the human eye. Although some werewolves did reside amongst the humans, the majority resided in Lupiotrúm. The country was large and only certified humans within the government were aware of it's presence due to security reasons. Werewolves had lived in peace amongst the humans for centuries, the only reason werewolf identities were hidden was due to the concern the leaders who believed that their citizens would fear them. There were five packs in Lupiotrúm and there land was sorted into factions where resources was equally distributed. 

Nona was one of the elders at the Royal Pack. Nona was responsible for many things in the pact but she always took interest in the Orphanage. Nona's hair was silver with grey, her face aged with wrinkles. She was a small, slender woman but her presence was always larger than life. 

Nona had spent many years on her own after her mate died when she was young and she could find no place in her heart for another. For Nona's heart and wolf wept for her late mate, Roger; she could never fully move on. Her mate made her promise to live for he knew it was not her time to leave and join him in the afterlife. So she spent many years dedicating her life to charity and was in charge of the orphanage at the Royal Pack. It was then when her wolf immediately recognised me as her own. She loved me unconditionally and I was so thankful to be blessed with this gift after losing my parents in a fire.

"Thank you Nona. You know I could not have been blessed with such an honour without you?" I smiled softly at the only Mama I have ever known. "My achievement is yours and I am so thankful that Selene led me to you, I am great full she allowed you to live, for without you I do not know what path I would have taken" I frowned as I thought of the pain Nona must have gone through losing her mate.

"My little one, before you I was barely living. My mate was kind and gentle, but he was also fierce and made me a promise to live on without him as my destiny had not been fulfilled." Nona sighed and she stared wistfully into her memories. "Once upon a time I would curse Selene for the pain and emptiness she gave me." I gasped because this was not the Nona I knew, she was always gracious when speaking of the goddess. "One day I had a dream, it was warm and I never wanted to leave as I stared into the green eyes that haunted me. My mate appeared and begged for forgiveness for leaving and he asked me to go on without him. He said he felt my pain and it was killing him slowly." A lone tear escaped Nona's eye. 'He said to find love in those who had lost. At the time I did not understand him, but I promised him that I would try. The King at the time requested I attend the orphanage where I saw two little saphire eyes. So bright and gentle. I remember my wolf, Christine whispering Mine. It was the first time I had heard her since my mates death and it was bittersweet because they were also the last words she whispered to me when he died. As I held you in my arms for the first time, My wolf whispered 'Mate will always own part of our soul, but little pup is our destiny.' With these words, I knew that Selene had answered my prayers and blessed me with the child that we would never have." She whispered as she caressed my cheek. "My little one, without you I would have never had learned to live again. I am blessed to call you mine, for you would have grown into the Lady you are, with or without me. You are kind and pure hearted and whoever your mate is will be blessed beyond riches. You have no idea the power you possess."