Chapter Forty Three

A pin could have dropped the silence was suffocating. No one spoke a word, not even a whisper could be heard from the crowd. People's mouths were gaped in shock from the scene that laid in front of them. Nona's body laid carelessly across the floor. The blood was still dripping down her body and was soaking through her clothes. The crimson fluid spread across the white marble floor. 

No one really knew what to say. They were shocked that Nona had freed Leyla for she had betrayed the pack, but everyone knew Nona. She was a good wolf, she was kind-hearted, approachable and was a respectful elder. Many people in the pack liked Nona and many people knew that Nona would never act maliciously. They understood that she thought of young Leyla as a daughter. Many of the pack members stood and thought about what they would do to protect their pups if they were at harm. 

Despite these thoughts that passed through their mind, no one spoke for they could clearly see the Queen's seething gaze as she looked at the she-wolf that laid carelessly on the ground. The smell of fear permeated throughout the crows. They had never seen their Queen in this state, she seemed angry and vengeful, threatening to torture pack members until she identified the people who helped Leyla escape. Although it was highly likely that she did help Leyla escape, the crowd began to question whether Nona was even involved. Even if she wasn't she still protected the pack. 

King Alexander stood frozen. It was like time had stopped. His heart was pounding hard in his chest, he could feel his knees wanting to give way. He hadn't left like this since the lost of his mother. He could feel the tears well in his eyes. He couldn't believe that Nona had been killed. IT wasn't common knowledge but she was his Godmother, it was what contributed their relationship. This woman had been trusted by his mother to guide him when she was not there. King Alexander trusted the woman, like he did his mother.

The tears slip from Alexander's eyes. "What the hell have you done Lamia?" He screamed at her. The pain was apparent in his voice. He was hurting. 

Next to him stood Prince Ryan. His shoulders were tense his mouth hung open as he stared at the woman in front of him. He didn't recognise her as she stood there dripping in Nona's blood. He could see that she couldn't care as she wiped her hands on the bottom of her dress, she knew it was already ruined. 

Ryan knew that Nona knew the truth, she knew that he was Leyla's true mate. Ryan could have stopped things, if he had just been honest maybe things would not has escalated as far as they had. Leyla would be stood next to him, Nona would alive and his mother, well she wouldn't look like she had a screw loose. If Leyla ever returned how could he tell his mate that he made a mistake, one that cost her the life of her mother. He clenched his eyes close trying to settle his heart which was filled with guilt.

"Alexander you are weak!" Lamia shouted. "She was a traitor to the throne by aiding a criminal to escape our lands! She even admitted it!"

King Alexander didn't retort to Lamia's outburst, his people were spectating the scene in front of him. He could sense his people's unrest, he could hear their questions through the mind-link. 

Are we safe?

What is wrong with the Queen?

She looks angry? I'm scared. 

Why is the King not stopping her? Is it true? Is the King weak?

The silence of the pack was soon filled with heavy rainfall. The pitter could heard as the raindrops hit the roof of the Royal House. The sound of rain falling overwhelmed the sound of whispers from the pack members. Elisha was stood with her parents, all of them seem unbothered by what happened. Alpha Sloan and Luna Sheridan seem satisfied with the blood that was spelt. For she stood tall with her head held high, she knew that her pup was seen as a victim of the Prince and Leyla's cruelty. She was happy her friend Lamia had sought retribution from those that had wronged her family.