Chapter Fourteen

Third Person Viewpoint

A large mahogany table sat in the centre of the room of the cold, damp and dark room.  The room consisted of four large grey brick walls, which were bland. There were no windows that could illuminate the room just there was just the flicker of candle-light from the candelabra. The silence in the room was suffocating. There were five chairs placed around the table. The mahogany chairs were adorned with different carvings that were elaborate in their black design, all except one was designed in gold. All the chairs but one were filled by cloaked figures. There faces were unseen due to the masks that covered their faces.  No one murmured a word as they patiently waited for the final chair to be filled. 

The grey metal door creaked open and another cloaked figure walked in, the only sound that could be heard was their heavy footsteps as they made their way to table and filled the final seat. No one spoke as they waited for their leader to begin. 

"There are more sightings of Mallaper's my learned friends" The leader spoke. His gold mask sat beneath his black cloak. 

The voice was unrecognisable due to the enchantment placed on the mask. They were passed from the ancestors of their families. No one in the room knew the identity of their leader other than he was resourceful and had powers beyond anyone's imagination. The other members of the group did not even know each other's identity, all they knew was that they had a role to play which was predetermined by their ancestors. 

"The Mallaper's are becoming a problem. There number's are rising yet we have no idea where they reside or who is pulling their strings." There was a coldness to the leader's voice. His tone was irritated at the lack of information that they have been able to gather. He was concerned that someone would interfere with his plans. 

"My Lord, If I may speak." The Midnight blue spoke spoke. He was seated on the right side of the Golden masked man, who flicked his hand giving him permission to continue his speech. 

"The King is believed to have gone to investigate rumours around the Mallaper's with the intention of using his Alpha command to ensure adequate answers are given." Midnight Blue bowed his head once he spoke. 

"Excellent. You will report his finding's to me through the private channels should he find any answers." The golden masked man spoke. "Are there any other updates my learned friends?"

"My Lord, the Prince has found his mate." The Blood Red mask spoke. Gasps around the room were heard. 

"Excellent, do we know who the she-wolf is?" The Pure White mask chuckled. 

"Indeed. It is believed to be Lady Elisha. The pack made it's announcement on the last full moon.She will be making her leave to the Royal Pack within two weeks. It is believed she will return with the King following his investigation." Blood Red replied.

"Excellent." The Lord leader responded. "Everything is falling into place. Forest Green what are the whispers amongst the people? What do you know about Lady Elisha?" He turned to the cloaked figure on his left. 

"My Lord, there are many whispers. The Kingdom fear the Mallaper's, they believe them responsible for missing wolves. As for Lady Elisha, she believed to hold beauty like no other has seen. People believe that she will entice the Kingdom by a storm and the Prince is smitten. She is wealthy and resourceful, but also hungry for power. Her family as you know have a love for ceasing power and control. In this case, the apple has not fall far from the tree."

"Interesting." The Lord was quiet as he pondered this information, strumming his fingers across the table as he leaned back into his chair. "Forest Green, I want more specifics on the Mallaper's when we next meet. Blood Red, I want a full report on Lady Elisha. I want to know what her intentions are with her new found power." Both of the cloaked figures bowed their head towards their Lord. 

"There is an imbalance to my power my learned friends meaning that there is an enemy out there could destroy our holding within the Kingdom. I can feel it in my bones, meaning that there is a threat rising that threatens our power." He says with conviction, the power was suffocating to those in the room. "Stay alert and I want to be aware of imperative information my learned friends. You are dismissed."

The four cloaked men quickly rise from their seats but do not speak a word. They bow their heads and scurry out the door. The Lord continues to sit and ponder the information he obtained today, moving his chess pieces accordingly. 

Let the games begin. He smirked into the darkness of the room.