Chapter Seven

Leyla's point of view

A little girl with raven hair in a white dress was prancing around in a meadow, wild flowers bloomed, the sun was shining with a gentle breeze. In the distance there was a large manor made of red stone. The little girl was jumping through the wildflowers, I was too far to see her face up close as I stood hidden in the green forestry. 

Another little boy was running towards the girl, his excited giggles could be heard. They appeared to be so carefree, not a worry in the world. I could see his was slightly taller than her, he was lanky. He excitedly bumped on her back and she squealed with delight as she fell to the ground. I could not hear their muffled conversation but I could tell they were playing. The scene was delightful and I felt the warmth spread across my stomach. There was a familiarity about these children but I could not quite put my finger on it. I felt this urge to get closer to the children but I did not want to frighten them as I was a stranger. 

"There is an innocence about them don't you think?" a voice appeared to say. The voice was enchanting and enticing. The words dripping from her mouth, almost sung to me and it was filled with love and warmth. 

I looked to where the voice was coming from and there stood a lady with the palest of skins, but it was not unhealthy she almost seemed to glow. Her eyes were almost golden with long lashes that almost hid the twinkle in her eyes. Her hair was brown, long and luscious as it fell down her back. Her lips were the softest of pinks and her nose was small and pointed. She was beautiful and ethereal, but she had a strong presence about her. She was in a white gown which fell to the forest floor with a train that lightly danced across the train as she made her way to my side. 

She had this godly feel about her, I could sense the power dripping out of her pores. Her lips twitched with a smile, she was almost amused with my reaction to her presence. She came and stood beside me and I lowered my head, subconsciously in a bow. 

"You were always a very polite girl Leyla" she chucked and I felt her soft finger touch my chin and lift my face. She stared into my eyes and her smile widened. It was enchanting. 

"I'm sorry, I do not know you yet you know me. I feel as if I would remember someone like you." My voice was barely a whisper. She chuckled. 

"Of course you know me Leyla, you just have never seen me before." She was definitely amused. She gently pushed my face towards the children who were squealing in delight and laughing as they played a game of tag. "Tell me Leyla, what do you see in front of you?"

I looked at the scene of the children playing, they were happy, they were playing. There was an ease about them, they appeared to know each other well and they looked comfortable together. "I see two friends playing a game, they look free and happy." The beautiful woman smiled at my reply. 

"Yes they do look happy." She hummed. "I would say they are happy indeed and you are right they are friends." She winked as she watched them play. "I would often watch them play from the sidelines, they are very spunky children. Tell me Leyla do you recognise them?" She said softly. 

I looked closer at the scene and I could still not see there faces. The urge to get closer to see there smiles was overwhelming. "No I do not, but there is this familiarity about it." I replied. 

"Why don't we take a closer look so you can see?" She replied as she started walking towards the children. I hesitated, I did not want to scare them, surely they understand that there are strangers out there that could harm them. The beautiful lady had taken a feel steps forwarded and peered over her shoulder to look at me. "Don't worry about them seeing you Leyla, for we are non-existent in this world." I looked at her confused, how could she anticipate my concerns so easily.