Chapter Twenty Nine

Leyla's Point Of View

I had decided to skip breakfast again, I couldn't bare to be in the dining room with the pretentious Royal family. I could sense my presence was an irritation to the Queen and Beta. Furthermore, I couldn't stand Ryan's hate filled gazes from across the table. I groaned as I felt the water from the shower wash away my troubles. If only water could physically remove the problems of my life I would be sorted. 

As much as I'm in pain from the separation from my mate and I would love to stay and try and be close to him. I am thankful for Nona's return. I have missed her dearly. I knew the King returning will change the dynamics at the palace. I knew I would feel welcomed and warm in his presence, he didn't have a cruel bone in his body. He was a fair and just King, for some reason he was the complete opposite of his son Ryan. 

As I brushed my teeth, I looked into the mirror. I looked terrible, my sleep had been restless, I had lost weight from skipping meals, my complex seemed sickly. I knew the minute Nona returned, she would purse her lips and ask me why I wasn't looking after myself. I stared at my reflection trying to work out what the hell I was meant to tell her. Would she believe me when I tell her that Ryan is my mate? Would she be ashamed of me? 

No she's wouldn't Leyla. She would be proud that you haven't broken down yet. Amira said strongly in my mind. 

Did you enjoy your time with Reginald last night? I asked. 

Yes I did. A smile graced her lips, I could feel her satisfaction through our bond. Thank you Leyla, it was much needed. You know he loves you as well? He knows we are strong. I can sense his sadness at being away from us, unfortunately he has a stupid human. 

I wish you could tell me what you two discuss, what you two know. It would make everything so much easier. I sighed. 

I know you do, trust me I wish I could tell you what we discuss but we are forbidden. After last night I know what I must do. I will be here for you Leyla. You are not on your own. Even though we may not be seen as Queen in title, we still have duty to our people. Both as Queen and Warrior of the Moon Goddess. She replied. The determination was clear in her voice. I could feel that she was more settled about her separation from Reginald. I just hope this does not change. 

I made my way to the bedroom and shrugged on my clothes for today. I decided that I would not adhere to the pathetic rules of the Queen. I am my own person and I am not going to change to try and fit in with an outdated society. I was a strong independent she-wolf and it was time we started acting the part. For I was determined to not allow a mate-bond to define me. Whether I was unwanted or rejected, I was strong and intelligent. 

I put my blush pink suit on, although it was fitted, it was a bit loose from all the weight I had lost. I wore a white silk blouse and paired my outfit with some black heels. Even though, I looked worn out, I ensured I looked like a professional. I pushed my hair in a loose bun and allowed a few tendrils of my black hair to form around my face. I stared at my reflection and sent a silent prayer to the moon goddess asking her to guide me forward. 

My prayer was interrupted by a knock at the door. The knocks were loud and erratic, I knew it wasn't an omega because their personalities were not as demanding as the person behind the door. 

"Come in." I shouted as I looked towards the door. 

It was then that that Ryan barged in, slamming the door as he entered my chambers. I gasped in shock at his presence. Not once during my time here had he sought out my company or presence. I looked at the man who held my heart, he was dressed in his usual suit and crisp white shirt. He was gorgeous, his blonde hair was swept to the said and his eyes were dark and delicious. However, his face looked contorted in pain. I could see he was angry but god knows what the reason was. I thought the lack of my appearance would appease him.