Chapter Thirty Nine

Leyla's Point of View

No one said anything, here stood the most complicated love triangle ever. A man caught between two woman, one who was his mate, who he spent years hating and judging. Another woman, who he just announced to the Kingdom was his future, despite being her being a fake mate. One of us stood tall with their head head high, the other stood screeching and screaming as tears rolled down her face.  

Although there was some distance between Ryan and I, I was still close enough to feel the heat coming from his skin. But, he did nothing. He kept blinking as if he couldn't believe the scene in front of him. I could see the shock he felt from our electrified kiss. There was nothing he could say, there was no way he could deny that I was his mate. 

Elisha was still crying hysterically, calling me every name that you could imagine. The once peaceful and silent environment had led to a large crowd gathering around the three of us. Elisha had drawn the attention of the Nobles who had come to celebrate our engagement. She had achieved her goal of getting the attention she needed to get the upper hand after she witnessed my steamy kiss with her fiancé.The noise from the crowd wasn't registering in my head, all I could hear was the blood pumping to my ears. The crowd got bigger as Elisha's tantrum got louder.  

A path through the crowd was made as the King strode forward with the Queen following behind. The King had this authority that caused the guests to part like Noah and the Red Sea. The King's face looked confused as he looked at Elisha crying and me and Ryan standing closely together. The Queen was seething with anger, I could see her shaking as she looked at the scene in front of her. 

"You little she-bitch! I knew you were trouble" The Queen shouted at the top her lungs. She made her way to Elisha and pulled her into her arms and tried to sooth her tears. 

"You have disrespected the Royal family! You have betrayed our most important laws! You seduced my son to cheat and betray on his mate, didn't you!" The Queen shouted. Murmurs in the crowd began to get louder. The pack were angry at me, they believed I harmed their Queen. They believed I had broken the law. 

The King looked to his son, asking him to say something, anything that could explain what happened, but Ryan said nothing. His mouth was gaping like a fish seeking air. The words he needed to say wouldn't leave his mouth. He hung his head, refusing to look at me or his father. He refused to look at his people. 

"Explain what happened!" The King exclaimed. 

I stood by silently, knowing that nothing I would say would matter for I was already condemned before I was trialled. Unless Ryan spoke now, I knew I would condemned as a whore, a slut, a bitch. There would be nothing that I would be able to do that would save my reputation within the back. I would be forever labelled as the woman who broke the bond between the King and his Queen to be. 

Ryan seemed flustered as he lifted his head. His eyes were watering as he looked at me then looked at his father. "I don't know." He stuttered. 

Nona pushed through the crowds and came to my side. She looked at me with tears in her eyes. She mind-linked me, trying to ask me what happened so she could save me but I blocked it knowing there was nothing she could do that wouldn't get her killed. I could feel her anxiety through the bond. I knew she didn't blame me for what had happened, she I could see the anger on her face at the cowardly Prince who stood by and watched his mate get condemned. 

The King approached with Lamia who was trailing behind. The King was trying to make sense of the situation while the Queen was seething. 

Luna Sheridan and Alpha Sloan both made their way to their daughter and the Queen. Luna Sheridan looked as if a vein was going to pop on her forehead, while her husband's face was as red of a tomato. 

"HOW COULD YOU TREAT MY PUP LIKE THIS BOY?" Alpha Sloan shouted. 

"DO NOT ADDRESS MY PUP, YOUR PRINCE AS A BOY. Back down now Alpha Sloan." The King shouted with authority, the power that radiated through his voice forced him into submission. 

"She should be punished for seducing a mated mate." Alpha Sloan spat as he pulled his Luna into his arms. I could see that he was trying to offer his mate comfort at the humiliation of his daughter. 

Cheating amongst mates was unheard of. When you found your mate, nothing else mattered. You would never feel the need for another woman or man. Your soul was complete and it was very difficult to become aroused by another. This was the first where someone was shamed and unfortunately I was the one at the guillotine. 

"He is not mated yet Alpha Sloan." Nona spoke with confidence. 

His gaze landed on the woman I called mother, her eye contact did not waver. I knew Nona would not cover to an Alpha. She was an elder who was respected amongst the pack. It was then in that moment I knew Nona would go to war for me. I knew she would try and shelter the storm. 

"I will not tolerate you and your ill mannered pup Lady Nona." The Queen spat pointing her finger in our direction. I could feel Amira's need to snap her pretty little finger in half. The wolf was rising in me at the disrespect she was being shown. "GUARDS!" She screeched. 

"Lamia, wait think about what your do-" The King started to speak. 

"NO ALEXANDER. I WILL NOT HEAR IT. SHE HAS BROKEN THE LAW AND SHE MUST FACE THE CONSEQUENCES OF HER ACTIONS." The Queen commanded. "She has interfered in the most integral bond of the Kingdom. We must uphold our sacred laws" She preached. 

The Guards made their way towards me and I knew that this was it. I knew that I would be punished for something that was beyond my control. 

"Lamia, it's not just Leyla's fault." The King reasoned. 

"No Alexander. I won't hear anymore, she has disrespected our boy and humiliated our family. Why would Ryan even think of this bitch when he has his mate? She tried to seduce him because she is a power hungry bitch!" She exclaimed. 

"She's right! She has taken my pups dignity!" Luna Sheridan wails. 

The murmurs become shouts of agreement from the crowd. The people start shouting in disgust, I can feel through the pack bond they want my blood. They see me as a traitor, they see me as a whore. They all ignore the pain stricken face that Ryan has at what he has done to his mate. 

The guards clasped my arms behind my back and I raised my head high. I would not lower myself in front of the people who were questioning my loyalty to the Kingdom. I would not cower to the mate and his family who lied to cover his mistake. For regardless of what happened it was not just me involved in that kiss. 

The guards start to drag me out of the Royal Hall and lead me away from the Royal family and their guests. The tears start to well in my eyes but I hold them back, for I won't let these people see me break. I was the true Luna Queen and there was nothing that they could do to stop that fact. 

The last thing I see is Nona's tear stricken face and Ryan's pained look before I feel a thump to the back of my head. 

It's then that darkness consumes me.