Chapter Thirty Two

Leyla's Point Of View

"Are you ready?" Nona asked as she gasped my hand in a tight lock hold. Her fingers were clasped around my hand and I was like a small child hanging onto her. 

My head was head high and I could feel Amira trying to admit her confidence through our bond. We had sensed a shift in our power and our aura oozed of it, but for our safety and Nona's safety we needed to mask it. For if the Royals had sense this shift, their wolves would feel threatened and it could result in death. It would not be something they could help it was the innate nature of our wolves, especially Alpha's as they were pone to be dominant. 

We were stood in front of the Royal Quarters, our appearance and our intentions were both different compared to the first time we attended a royal dinner. Before, there was a need for me to fit in, to impress and to be accepted by those in power. Nona wanted to ensure she was respectable to the Monarchy. However, we did not care anymore. There was a bigger game a front and we were going to play but on our own terms. 

I was dressed in another suit, this time it was baby blue. It was feminine and fitted but rather than a loose silk shirt, It had soft and large thrills running down the middle, hiding the buttons that were down my front. My hair was slipped back in a slick ponytail and my hair hung down my back. Nona was dressed in her usual suit and shirt combo but she was wearing pumps. 

Nona's face was masked and she was wearing the ultimate poker face. Nona was a smart woman who knew how to weave her way through the Royal family due to being an elder and being a part of the pack for so long. Her wolf was omitting her comfort and I could feel her protection through the bond. I nodded my head as we made our way up the steps into the Royal Quarters for what would be the most awkward and difficult dinner I have had so far. 

As we made our way into the dinning room, there were no changes other than their were more Omega's present, they were still dressed in their uniform with the gaze to the floor. I pursed my lips at their treatment, they were part of the pack, they were responsible for huge amounts of work that just seemed to be unrecognised and unappreciated by those who were sat around the large dinning room table. 

"Lady Nona and Leyla are present your Royal highnesses." A guard announced our arrival as we entered the dinning room. 

It was that moment that all gazes snapped to our presence. The King and Queen were sat at their respective seats. The King was sitting at the head of the table, while the Queen was sat at his left. It was a simple of respect and love as the Queen will always protect the King's heart. It was also reflective of the marriage, the left hand and middle finger is the one vein that goes straight to the heart. 

The Beta was sat on the right-hand side of the King and was opposite Queen Lamia, he had a small smirk on his face as his eyebrows lifted and he raised his face to our presence. He seemed to be the least informal of the group. The only difference with the seating from the previous night was Ryan was sitting at the other end of the table away from his mother and this time their was a new quest. Lady Elisha, she was sat on the left side of Ryan when I saw her reach for his hand and give it a tight squeeze. 

I bowed my head at the Royal family in front of me, moving my gaze from Ryan and side-eyeing Nona who was doing the same. 

"Nona, Little Leyla, I'm glad you could make it." The King bellowed. He stood from his seat as a curtsy and gestured us to our seats. I could see that Nona would be sat next to the Beta and I would be sat next to Lady Elisha. 

You mean Lady Bitch. Amira growled. 

Down girl. I smirked. Remember what Nona said, we need to play the game. Otherwise your going to be that Bitch's lady in waiting.