Chapter Thirteen

Leyla's Point of View

I was in my temporary chambers in my bedroom at the Royal Quarters after Nona and the King's departure from the pack. I had spent the day becoming familiar with my surrounding and unpacking my clothes for my stay. It was currently evening and the moon was glowing in the night sky. There were not many stars twinkling tonight and the clouds were whispy in the night sky. 

The room I was staying in was grand. It was decorated in light colours with golden accents across the room, it was well lit with large bay windows. The furniture was classy and timeless with an ivory chaise lounge chair and a four posted king size bed. The bed was surrounding in white silk curtains and blankets. The whole room looked untouched and pure but there was a regal and rich feel to it. 

My first day at the Royal Quarters did not have much structure to it. After the departure of Nona and the King, there was a certain awkwardness being the prince's presence. The prince quickly excused himself stating he had pack business to attend to, where I was left with the Queen. The Queen invited me to breakfast with her which was surprisingly pleasant. 

We sat in the formal dining room where we had dinner the other evening. The Queen sat at the head of the table and she asked the servers to seat me next to her so we could speak freely. The breakfast was informal and pleasant. The Queen appeared very keen to know about me, she was  very kind during our sit down. She asked about my schooling, about my my likes and dislikes, she spoke freely about her relationship with the King sharing the many memories they shared. 

As time passed, I found myself enjoying my time with the Queen she was very animated and warm. It was during this time that Amira had hummed that maybe she misunderstood the Queen. As we continued our talks during breakfast, she had asked whether I had yet met my mate. It was then that the relaxed atmosphere was filled with tension. It was during this time that Amira whispered to me not to share the news with anyone that Ryan was my mate. 

I responded that I had not yet met him but was looking forward to this. The Queen smiled and expressed that she hoped that I found him soon. She then went on to express my duties as a lady in waiting and told me that I would be shadowing Lady Ana who teach me everything that I needed to know. She expressed that she would provide me a schedule to ensure that she covered everything that I would need to know. 

The Beta soon entered the dining room and although his face was passive, his eyes were happy when he saw his twin sister. He expressed that his nephew was looking for her and she responded with smiled at me and said that she would have to be excused. She then advised that one of the Omega's will show me to my room and she stated that I should get settled and well rested as my training would begin tomorrow. 

As the Queen left with the Beta, Gale who is one of the Omegas entered. She bowed gently to the Queen and asked me to follow her. She led me through the Royal Quarters telling where I would find the kitchens, pool, gym, offices of the officials of the pack and finally she showed me to her Room. 

As we walked through the Royal Quarters there were Omegas and Guards plotted around the home. The Guards stood tall and proud against the walls with expressionless faces and there gaze was always forward. Not a whisper could be heard from the Guards, anyone would have thought them to be statues if it was not for the rise and fall of their chests. The Omegas contrasted their presence as they were all busy, they were quick and light on their feet as they swept and dusted the halls. The only characteristic they had with the Guards was that their face was expressionless and when they were spoken to their voice was almost empty and void from emotion. 

The Royal Quarters have changed since we were a pup. Amira said, snapping me out of my thoughts. 

I couldn't help but agree with her as I thought about the past when the children would be running around the house. There was no formality amongst pack members and the distinction between ranks was hardly noticed. Everything in the Royal Quarters appeared to work mechanically and there was no real sense of familiarity.