8th Grade Dance(Shabazz Napier) for Alyssa

"Wassup Lyssa?" The 6'0 ft point guard asked towering over you while at your locker. "Nothing much just getting ready for math class" "Oh. Coming to the big game tonight?" He asked fidgeting nervously with the lock on the locker next to yours. "Well considering I have to cheer tonight. I guess I will be" you retorted smiling. "Oh yeah" he mumbled "Bazz us everything ok?" You questioned calling him by his nickname "yea I'm fine. Could you...uhm... meet me after the game?... If you don't mind" "yea sure" you responded walking away. That was really weird you thought to yourself. He wasn't his regular happy goofy self. He didn't even flirt with you which was weird. Something's definitely up with him.

**At the Game**
As you and your squad were cheering you kept your eyes on Shabazz. You loved watching him play. The intensity he brought to the game was outstanding. He relentlessly attacked the offense and defense. When he raced to the basket for a layup he was nothing but a blur to the naked eye. You thought watching him play was the most intense, fun and sexiest thing ever. Even when he was acting weird and unusual he never let it effect his game.
After the the game while everyone was cheering about the win Shabazz did the unexpected. He grabbed the announcers mic and said "Alyssa can you come here for a second?" He asked looking at you. This took you by surprise and you slowly made your way towards him.
"Yes" you whispered scared out of your mind. "I was wondering if you would want to go to the dance with me" he asked showing his dazzling smile. "Yea" you said smiling from ear to ear. "Huh, sorry I didn't catch that" he said putting the mic in your face to answer "yes" you answered in the mic.
As the words escaped your lips everyone in the crowd cheered for you two, while he lifted you off the ground spinning you in the air.

**At the Dance**
As you exited your moms car you saw Shabazz waiting for you outside of the school. "Wow you look beautiful" he said walking you into the school with your arms linked. You had on a purple dress that was sleeveless and flared out at the bottom. "Thanks, you too" you replied.

When you two first walked into the gym no one was dancing, everyone was just standing around waiting for the first person to start dancing. Soon the DJ put on a slow song. Shabazz pulled you to the middle of the floor in front of everyone and started dancing. "Bazz I'm not comfortable with this" you whispered in his ear. "What do you mean?" "Everyone's watching us" "Let them watch. When I asked you to dance I meant dancing. Forget them" he whispered in your ear. "I wish I could Bazz but I'm horrible at dancing" "how you're the head cheerleader" he asked "because there's no real music to keep up to" you replied back "ok" he said laughing. "Just follow my lead ok?" "Alright" you answered shyly looking down at your feet.
After a couple of minutes of you two dancing other people started to come onto the dance floor calming your nerves.
Soon all of the 8th grade was on the dance floor dancing and enjoying themselves. You couldn't believe all the fun you were having. This was definitely going down as one of the best days of your life.

After the dance Shabazz walked you out to wait for your mom with you. "Lyssa I had fun tonight" he admitted leaning towards you "me too bazz" you said closing the gap between you two. "You know I never liked that nickname" he answered keeping his eyes on your lips "Well" you said not concentrating on anything he was saying just thinking about his lips. "Well" he repeated finally kissing you softly.

For the rest of the night his soft lips were the only thing you could think about. You were hoping he was still thinking about you also.

Which he definitely was.