Chapter 47: Take to the Sky

Chapter 47

"FOR DOING THIS TO ME... YOU MUST DIE..."

I gasped, getting terrible deja vu from my Hope visions as Kyurem started up a freeze shock.

Grace! Move!

Keldeo snorted in a determined rage, shoving me aside as the orb of sparkling electric looking ice was shot at me.

"Keldeo!" I gasped. The Colt Pokemon had jumped out of the way right on time. I sighed in relief, glaring at this monster.

Kyurem rose his head, taking a step forward.

I gulped, watching Isaac tremble in fear as he got closer. Fuming with a protective instinct to not only my friends but to Celebi and Pichu, I began running off to the side, where none of them were in his path.

"Come get me!" I roared, waving my arms.

Kyurem huffed, completely ignoring all else. Even a smiling and very satisfied Cryst.

The monster took wary steps. He had just woken from a long slumber. He was tired, just now refreshing his old bones.

Grace! I can handle this. Take. Care. Of. Your... Friends!

Keldeo ran right behind Kyurem, ready to attack. He seemed serious.

Go!

Keldeo formed a focus blast in his mouth, launching it. At point blank, it caused quite an eruption, but I was sure it was nothing to this beast.

"Isaac! Hurry!" Shivering, I put my hands under Ken's arm pits, dragging him best I could.

"Grace! I'll take these two. Get Celebi and Pichu!"

I gulped, nodding slowly. Pichu and Celebi were on the ground near the remains of their orb prisons. They had to have been released when Kyurem was brought back.

I pulled Celebi into my arms, hesitantly getting to Pichu.

"I'm so sorry." I took her next finally, running to the throne room exit as an explosion racked the room. A fiery dragon pulse hit the wall as Keldeo ran from it, flipping off an ice spike and attacking with a hydro pump.

"Ceeeellleeee..." Celebi whimpered in pain as I crashed against the doorway.

"Celebi. St-stay here." I peeled off a layer of my jacket, setting the two on it.

"When you can, escape. I don't care how. Just go." It was hard to leave them. My voice cracked. I didn't have the heart to look at Pichu's still face. She had to be alive but... I couldn't bring myself to check.

"A-Are they safe here?" Isaac fell backwards as he pulled Ken behind the wall.

"They have to be. Help me with Paul!" We both boldly ran across the ice, each taking a side of our friend.

"Here. Let's go-"

A dragon pulse skimmed over our heads. Isaac's eyes widened, and we both hustled Ken to safety.

Sorry Grace!

Keldeo grunted. I cringed as Keldeo slammed his body into the beast. Our little buddy was going to need help real soon.

"AHHHGGHGGGHHHHHH!"

Kyurem snarled, lashing a shadow claw out. Keldeo narrowly dodged it.

"HOOOOOOPPEEE!"

Keldeo roared, eager to get to me.

That was not good. Not good at all. My life could easily be ended right now, but Keldeo refused to let that happen.