Chapter 50: Long Live Almia

It was beautiful, a shimmering deep blue when it glowed with power. Watching it this whole time distracted me from noticing him approach.

"Lucario." I gasped.

"Arrtttiiiccuuu!" Articuno flapped her wings from behind me. She felt my impending doom as much as I did. Not too long ago this was the changed Pokemon that wanted to hurt me.

But it wasn't his fault.

You have to snap out of it Lucario!

I gritted my teeth and took a tentative step toward the Sword.

I... You need.. You cannot stop me!

Lucario's eyes went from soft to  narrowed, and angry. He didn't mean any of this.

He formed an aura sphere in his paws and launched it straight at me.

"Tiiicuuu!" Articuno was fast to leap in front of me, deflecting the hit with an ice beam.

You think I cannot defeat you?

Lucario crouched in preparation to attack Articuno. He looked almost eager to battle Articuno.

"Aaarrtttii! Cuuuu!" Articuno huffed and flapped her wings again. In a fluid motion she used another ice beam. Lucario smirked and leapt to the side, launching several more aura spheres in our direction.

Articuno stopped them with a steel wing.

"Aaarrtttti!" Next she flew up high, all to get the speed for a well aimed aerial ace.

Lucario jumped into the air and used a strong bone rush at the same time, landing it on top of Articuno. Lucario was so fast and powerful she had no chance to avoid it.

"Articuno! No!" I yelped, running to her side.

"Aarrtt... Tiiiii!" She whimpered, glaring in Lucario's direction.

"The Lucario I know would never do this!" I yelled at him, fighting back tears.

Lucario only stood his ground, clenching his paws into fists.

"The power of the gems are too powerful aren't they?"

I seized up at hearing his voice. Friged Cryst.

He was here the whole time?

I glared at him, slowly getting back to my feet. He had full control of my friend.

"Stop this!" I pleaded, looking back at Lucario. At anytime he could attack me.

Cryst only laughed. "I win, Grace. There is nothing you can do."

Lucario. I need you.

If I could have Lucario back on my side. That would give me the upper hand in here.

N-no!

Lucario looked back at me and snarled. The Lucario I knew was better than this.