Chapter 46: Death over Decision

Chapter 46

I narrowed my eyes, looking past him. I had literally been dragged right at the feet of this monstrous beast. "Hope did this,"

This was not black or white Kyurem, but plain old Kyurem cast in ice.

"And Hope will reverse it."

Cryst stepped back, sweeping his hands, gesturing to Pichu. I blinked, scared to look anywhere else.

"Chuuu! Piii..." Pichu was held by the electrical orb, writhing in pain. Again. How long was I gone? Long enough for Pichu to be re trapped?

"Ceeelleeeebbii!" Not only that, but Celebi was in the same position. Everything this man needed was here.

"Look. With Celebi, Pichu and the shards here, the Blade will react. All the pieces of the puzzle are set."

Shaking, I looked back to Kyurem. The sword glinted with light. There was no way I could do this.

I slouched in my kneeling position, staring at Kyurem's claws. Was there a black orb at his feet? Very faint and covered in ice but there? What did that mean?

"I know you would never do this, but there are incentives."

I turned away from the orb. Could that really be...

Zekrom. Yes. He was still here...

"Sheer. Knock out fire head." Cryst ordered, snapping his fingers.

I gasped, turning out of my thoughts to watch a fist knock straight into my best friend's nose, instantly sending him to the ground in a bloody mess. No. This was not happening.

Tears filled my eyes again, and I fought to lock my gaze with Ken's.

He looked so helpless, shaking with fear and staring at our unconscious friend in horror.

"Don't make me mess with your boyfriend now." Cryst unsheathed his dagger again.

Ken blinked, looking unfazed. He nodded, and gestured toward Cryst. His back was turned to me. This was my chance.

"Grrraaahhhh!"

Ken gave a splurt of energy, jumping from the hands of his holder. All Frost Bite men sprang into action, working together to hold him down.

Heart jumping in my chest, I reached for the black orb, standing up through the pain, adrenaline forcing me through it all.

The orb shone once before I quickly tucked it in my jacket. Then, all at once the distraction was over as soon as Ken's straggled cry rang out. My moment of triumph ended. Ken was in a headlock in Sheer's arms, a long gash on his cheek, blood pouring out of the wound.

"I'm so sorry." I choked, reaching out to him.

"Grace. Do it now and perhaps I won't have his neck the same way."

I whimpered. I couldn't have him die. I couldn't have anyone die. Didn't I do enough?

"Grace!" Ken moaned. "Don't. Don't do it. Let me die. It is worth everyone else's safety!"

Sheer tightened his grip I could tell. Ken gasped and his eyes rolled into the back of his head.

"No!" I screamed, running toward him. Sheer grinned evilly, dropping my friend's body to the ground. No one stopped me as I cleared the distance. I readily had my fist positioned to break Sheer's face, but Pichu's cry stopped me.

In the electrical orb that zapped too much power into her, the power increased. Pichu writhed and twisted worse than ever. She was in so much pain I could almost feel it myself.