Chapter 40: Caught

Chapter 40

-Grace-

Ken. The word popped into my head as I heard the painful roar of my friend, followed by a Pokemon's.

My heart skipped a beat as I had Articuno follow the noise.

What happened? Did he fall in the ice? Rogue ice type beat him up?

I sighed to steady myself, Articuno dipping down a bit just to see enough of the scene unfold.

I bit my lip hard, holding in a scream of shock.

"Articuno! Whirlwind!"

They were not getting away with this.

-Ken-

I groaned when I slid on my back across the ice, forcing my head up to reduce impact.

Keldeo on the other hand was yards away, on his side.

"Keldeo!" I cried, using a hand to hold Celebi in my jacket, another to push myself up.

I'm okay.

Keldeo coughed weakly and kicked a chunk of ice off his hindleg.

"That doesn't look okay." I carefully touched that leg. It looked swollen, but Pokemon healed incredibly fast. Plus, if I was lucky, I had a small super potion spray in my belt.

Oow!

Keldeo struggled to stand, sliding back down.

We don't have much time. W-we have to go.

Keldeo shook his head, gritting his teeth. There was no way Keldeo could hold my weight now. I gulped, feeling blindly for Arcanine's Pokeball.

I clutched the red and white sphere. Keldeo saw it, reaching out to nudge it.

Leave with Celebi. Arcanine will be faster than I.

Keldeo sadly looked away, shaking his useless leg. He was ready to give himself up.

"No!" I refused to leave Keldeo. I sprayed his leg with the potion and undid my belt to wrap it tight.

"Arcanine! Go!" I burned with anger, hopping on the fire type's back.

"Arrrrrrcaaaannniine!"

Arcanine shook with the excitement to run. All Keldeo had to do now was keep up. There was no way I would've just left him.

"Arrr!" Arcanine went full speed, wary of Keldeo behind us.

Th-thanks Ken.

Keldeo sounded fine now, but shaken.

No problem. I acknowledged through my mind. It was easier.

If only they had super potions for humans, anything to refresh me.

I joked to myself and shook my head, pressing myself closer to Arcanine.

Uh, Ken. They're getting closer.

Keldeo suddenly looked back, slowing his pace.

"Keldeo?" Why did he slow down? My heart began to race faster than it had been going.

Arcanine will keep you two safe. I will run the other way. They'll think I have Celebi.

"No!" Keldeo was going to split from us. "You can't!" What if they caught him?

Bye Ken. Be safe.

Keldeo stopped to launch a set of attacks.

Over here, idiots!