Chapter 8 : Unfamiliar

"I challenge Grace to a Pokemon battle, coach!" Fin confidently declared once more. I was very ready, however, and the class didn't object.

"Alright, some rivalry here! Let's see what you kids got then." Coach Tarren gave me an understanding glance and nodded. I smiled his way and held a thumbs up. He typed something into that control tablet and a large stadium grew out of the ground, two panels on either sides of them ready for the owner of their Pokemon to stand on.

Pichu and I nodded to each other and ran to a panel. We were ready. So ready.

"Alright class, our first show will be against Fin Styl and Grace Glacenia," I could feel the excitement in the crowd. No way I would let them down. "Play fair you two, this is for fun!" He reminded us carefully. Pichu hopped onto the plain dirt battle field.

"Chu Pichu! Pichu!"

"First Pokemon that is unable to battle, well, is out." Coach simply stated next.

"Eevee! Vee! Eevee! Vee!"

"You got this Pichu." I knew her moves pretty good, and she sure packed a punch. Coach Tarren's Rhydon roared, signaling the battle. "BEGIN!"

It didn't take long to get into the game. "Pichu! Use discharge!" This would be an impossible move to miss, and what did Eevee have to counter it?

"Eevee! Dig!" Spoke too soon, the little Pokemon dug into the ground, that had looked undiggable, but of course, all artificial and controlled by Coach Tarren. "Pichu! Watch out!" Eevee could pop up anywhere now. I held by breath.

"Chu! Pi!" Pichu barely dodged to the side when Eevee launched himself up, back flipping away from his target when he missed.

"Pichu! Volt tackle!" Pichu breathed heavily, and cloaked herself in electricity, charging full speed. Eevee stood his ground, bracing himself. At the last second, Fin yelled out. "Now Eevee!" Eevee feinted to the side perfectly. When Pichu fell out of her attack unsuccessful, sand was kicked in her face.

"Chu! Pi! Pi!" Pichu shook her head. "No! Pichu!" I cried out, anticipating a dangerous move with this chance. "Eevee, use attract!" Close enough. My eyes widened, and I could taste bile in my mouth watching Eevee shaking his face at her, hearts materializing to slap Pichu. Fin's Pokemon using even a seemingly harmless move looked disgusting to watch.

"Gah! Pichu! Use iron tail! Quick!" Pichu tried to attack, but only saw Eevee as a handsome male Pokemon. The affects of attract, getting the opponent of the opposite gender to fall in love. What Pokemon could attack whilst in love? I hoped it would wear off soon. "Eevee! Use swift."

This was terrible! Pichu allowed Eevee to smack her around, unphased and goggly eyes toward him. "Pichu! Snap out of it! Use discharge!"

Pichu groaned and shook her head. "That a girl! Guys are gross anyhow!" I thought Pichu was snapped out of it, but no, she toddled toward Eevee, smiling. "Pichu! No! No!" This was terrible.

"Eevee. The battle is won. Look at this! So pathetic." Pichu danced around Eevee, while Eevee sat in his all his glory, head raised. When Pichu spun to face me, I saw her wink. So it wasn't over. Pichu! So sneaky! I thought to myself, bubbling with excitement.

What would be an appropriate action now? I didn't have to say anything however. Pichu opened her arms and began stumbling toward Eevee. Sweet kiss. Genius!

"That's right! I win! I win!" Fin was turned, facing his audience. Coach Tarren was the only one who wasn't entranced by Fin's 'victory', only understanding what was going on as an experienced teacher.

"Eevee! Eeee!" The hearts blowing from Pichu's kissy face popped at her opponent. "Eevee? What's going on?" Fin turned, the class getting silent, half knowing what happened. Pichu smirked and stepped back, her turn to be proud.