Chapter 45: Lost in the Future

Chapter 45

"Ken."

My eyes filled with tears.

"Pichu." I forgot Cryst was five feet from me, stepping around him and going to the people that actually mattered.

Without thinking, I wrapped my arms around Ken, Pichu sandwiched between us.

"Chu!" Pichu winced, crawling up on my shoulder. I couldn't feel her, but she was here. Cryst was right. We couldn't hurt each other here, we were nothing.

"I'll kill him." Ken promised, looking over me to see our greatest enemy still intently watching everything happening.

"Where do you think everyone else is?" I feared going back. Were our bodies back there in there, in the present?

"Celebi probably took everyone who was a threat." Ken patted my back, smiling reassuringly.

"Speaking of Celebi.." Ken looked around, face dropping with worry.

I didn't mention I left her in the hallway.

"I-" I was cut off by shards of ice flying everywhere.

"Kestrel?" Hope's projected voice sounded as horrified as when I first heard it.

This was the part Hope's father and sister was attacked.

In no time, the vicious sky battle began.

"Come here." Ken instinctively pulled Pichu and I to the nearest ice spike, even though the attacks raining down were no where near us. Yet.

"This is... Crazy." Ken and I watched, eyes wide.

"Chu... Pi.." Pichu clutched her ears, shying into my shoulder.

Zekrom was shot into the ground, Kyurem right behind him. I held my breath until the mist cleared. Then it happened.

Black Kyurem rose, ready to attack.

"FUSION BOLT!"

Reshiram roared, narrowly avoiding the blast.

I winced, taking Ken's hand.

"What do you think will happen?" Ken asked something I couldn't answer.

"AGHHGGGHHHH!"

Then it happened. Reshiram was hit with the thunder punch, hitting the ice as hard as Zekrom did.

Ken gasped quietly beside me.

I closed my eyes and listened to the voices.

It will take a real kind to strike his own sister.

I slightly opened my eyes, seeing past Pichu and Celebi twitching uneasily in their hiding place.

"Kyurem."

"NO! HOPE!"

I watched Celebi hold down Pichu behind the ice spike.

That's what happened? Then where was....

Present Pichu hopped off me, running to Hope.

"No!" I ran after her, and boy I was soon confused. Two Pichu were out here, and I just wanted to protect mine.

"Piiiiiiiiiiiiii!" As a bright white attack was formed in Kyurem's mouth, I picked up my Pichu, dumfounded. I was stuck to the spot. Would I die here? Could I?

When the attack was released, I saw past Pichu jumping out in front of it, boldly ready to protect her friend.

"Biiiiii! Ceeeeeee!"

Before I closed my eyes, two Celebi voices rang out.

A blinding white light filled my vision once more, and I was sure I was dead.

The vicious sound of an explosion racked my mind, and I woke up disorientated.

* * *

I sat up, looking around the cloudy forest. Was this heaven?

"Pichu?" I coughed, reaching out.

I saw her shape in the black fog. No. This was smoke. And was this... Ice? On the ground by Pichu?

I squinted, sucking in a breath. No, I didn't taste the air. I was a ghost, visiting the past. Though I should've remembered.

"Chu..." Pichu roused, slowly pulling herself through the bushes. We walked along for what seemed like forever, but I used the time to think, to clear my head. All too soon we heard voices in the forest that had been set on fire around us.

"Blastoise, throw 'er on the ground."

In the next clearing, I was facing the back of a Blastoise.

What was...

This was...

Me!

Ken and I were cornered by a Snorunt, a Frost Bite member and the Blastoise. I remembered this too clearly.

Pichu... This was where I met Pichu...

"Pi? Pichu!" The Pichu at my feet gasped, ready to spring into action.

"Alright Snorunt. Use ice beam."

Pichu jumped. With all her energy, she launched a thunderbolt.

Dazed from the light, I stumbled backwards.

It wasn't a coincidence Pichu found me. She was teleported here. To me. She saw me as Hope, another friend to protect. She was here after nobly giving her self to the blast Celebi then used to lose herself in the future too. Was it up to Hope to destroy Kyurem alone?

It had to be.

Pichu was brought here to be reunited with me. To stop Kyurem once more. To finish him when he couldn't be stopped in the past.

Kyurem....

I felt myself getting shaken. No. I didn't want to go back. No... Not yet...

"Grace." I woke up, cold air enveloping my body once again. Cryst stood above me.

Back in the throne room.

Be brave.

I clenched my teeth, glaring into the man's evil eyes. This was the present. This was now.

Cryst smiled wickedly, and I didn't break away to look for the horrified screams of my friends. Paul. Ken. Pichu. Isaac. They were all here.

"Grace. I know what happens."

I narrowed my eyes, looking past him. I had literally been dragged right at the feet of this monstrous beast. "Hope did this,"

This was not black or white Kyurem, but plain old Kyurem cast in ice.

"And Hope will reverse it."

------

My heart is beating. Okay that was fun. I need to start wrapping this story up, though. Sorry for the wait, and if I made any mistakes. Thanks for reading and don't be afraid to comment, even if it takes me some time to answer back. Stay tuned for the next chapter, when Grace awakens Kyurem...

Mwahahaaa...