Chapter 36: Watch Out

Watch out. Watch out rangers. Stuff is about to go down. Serious stuff.

Chapter 36

KEN

We packed up as much as we dared, readying ourselves to leave.

Ready.

Even Keldeo and Celebi wore little coats to keep warmer.

"Nice!" I stifled a laugh, patting the Pokemon wearing a wool sweater on the snout.

What?

We pushed open the door of the cabin and stepped into the blizzard, letting loose Mamoswine and other Pokemon helpers, ropes attached to their tusks as we walked behind them.

"Arcanine! Aaarrr!" Arcanine dipped his head and even urged Keldeo on, whom was shaking and moving with each stiff movement.

Thanks.

The frost incrusted Pokemon shivered, nodding to the fire type.

"We can do this." I yelled over the blizzard, holding on to Keldeo's frigid coat. Keldeo gave me a tired glance, all eyes.

Where were we even going anyhow? Everything was white and dim, a swirling mess of confusion.

"The Lake!" Luka roared finally, stopping us in a groove of trees. The Lake?

I peeked forward, squinting. The outline of water was indeed there. Just across this dangerous body of water was Grace.

"What now?" Mira yelled, hugging a Growlithe for warmth.

What would we do? Was Grandmother right about the Lake helping us?

"Look!" Benny roared, climbing on a Mamoswine to point.

My heart raced. Our help?

Watch out.

Keldeo stiffened beside me. Maybe not. I held my breath, straining to see what everyone was alarmed by.

Before I could see, however, I heard. Loud, thumping footsteps in the packed ice. Loud motors.

Our Pokemon huffed and brace themselves. Keldeo kicked at the ground.

We'll fight!

This was no help.

"Team Frost Bite!" Bernard took stiff steps forward, as three snow mobiles carrying three jacket bundled fiends made their way ahead of a line of treacherous ice types, hatred burning in their eyes.

How could Pokemon be so hateful?

It all came to the matter of how could humans be so disgusting? It was their fault.

"Ah. The pitiful rangers. We've kept you alive and well and you pay us back with this?" Their leader had to roar to be heard over the wind.

I narrowed my eyes and adjusted my hold on Celebi. She was a lump in my jacket. Did they see her? Sense her?

"We are no threat to you here." Mira immediately lied. She stood beside Bernard.

"Are we punished for nothing, when it is you who should be punished for everything and more?"

The Frost Bite underlings all laughed heartily. This wasn't a joke!

"Save it. We watch you all the time, and in possession of Celebi... It's time to strike."

Keldeo huffed and slowly backed up.

I didn't dare speak, even too afraid to avert my gaze around the icy shore. I saw nothing else but the swirling flurries. Keldeo had melted in the storm.