Chapter 17 : Justice Served

The next morning I jumped out of my new, soft bed, changing into nice clothes for the day. My mom was cleaning up and unpacking, my dad already off to his job at a hospital in Peultown.

Rosie and Snivy were eating breakfast, eggs, bacon and pancakes, pretty simple.

"Chu! Pi!" Pichu greeted Snivy and Rosie, trotting over to Snivy's Poke food bowl.

"Sni! Snivy! Snii!" This caused the two to wrestle and argue, while Rosie and I proceeded to eat.

"What are you going to do today?" She asked me, tossing a treat down to Pichu, in which Snivy jumped in the air to steal it.

"Pi! Chu! Pi!"

"I'm going to hang out with Ken, I think." I finished my plate of food fast, thinking about what we would do today.

"Oh." Rosie winked. "Okay. Snivy and I are going to play at the little clearing south of here!"

"Coop cool." I gulped, looking out into the trees. Was that figure out there?

  Pichu and I decided to leave into the calm morning, cautious about being watched.

"I feel creeped out." I told Pichu as we walked up to Vientown.

"Chu. Pi." Pichu agreed, hugging onto my shoulder. Nothing was out there. Nothing. Everything was fine.

"Chu!" Suddenly, Pichu hopped off my shoulder, crouching in a battle stance.

"Chu! Pichu Pi!"

"BOO!" A boy popped out of the bushes, throwing up dirt and twigs. I screamed and fell backwards, Pichu following suite.

"Ken!" I gasped, trembling. At least it was him, though, and not some mean Pokemon, or person.

"I got you!" Ken laughed, hysterical. I glared at him, scrambling to my feet. "Not funny! What are you doing here anyhow?"

I brushed my self off and crossed my arms, hoping he saw how angry I was.

"Aw come on Gray, I was going to whisk you away, you were taking foreveeeeer."

I smiled, I couldn't help it, he was acting like a sad child.

"It's 10 am." I grumbled, trying to mask it.

"Whatever! I'm bored!" He took my arm and dragged me toward a different house, a place I knew I didn't know about.

"Where are we going?" I growled.

"Carpenter! He probably has a mission for me!"

So why was I going along? Staying at home would have been a great idea...

"He's nice. Don't worry." We pushed into the small house, the front room cluttered with wood, the floor littered with sawdust.

"Ranger!" An old man was sitting by a block of wood, a long knife in his grip.

"It's me, Ken, and my friend, Grace." The man stood up, waddling up close to me.

"Hello, girl." He looked me over, touching the bracelet.

"The maker of this. He is very good." He patted my wrist and waddled back to his chunk of wood. "I can do better!" He laughed out of nowhere, clearing his throat to address Ken now.

"Kenneth. I need more chunks of wood like this." He ordered right away, dismissing us. When we left the house, I faced Ken.

"Is this why I'm with you?" I asked, voice tinged with annoyance.

"You gotta be bored right? At home and all?"

"No, I could've spent time with my mom and Rosie, because oh, I don't know, I haven't seen them in months!"