Chapter 33: The Story of Before Almia

-KEN-

"Tell us, or our guests, legends of the castle."

Did Benny have to bring that up? While I was getting over the freezing cold, finishing delicious beef stew- and losing Grace?

The great Almia Castle should be the last thing I hear about.

Grandmother, stepped back into the sitting room slowly, sitting on a beautifully made rocking chair and placed a wool blanket on her lap. Slowly, she rocked herself, eyes closing.

Anyone would have thought she was asleep if not for the forming smile that warmed my heart.

"My grandfather told me beautiful stories his grandparents told him, and so on," She began, sighing deeply.

"The Almia Castle was always this peaceful place, where many folks live around, in this valley, where Hia had meant warmth, joy, beginnings."

I closed my eyes, leaning back. Warmth. Joy. Beginnings. That was understandable- for back then of course.

"The lake was pure, clean, Pokemon attracted to it for miles, so many varieties invited to this new region to fill, starting with the excitement beginning here in the North. The excitement, the amity of the land was made by the first and last family- King Luminous and Queen Hia, with their five children. Prince Kestrel of the water,"

In my head, I imagined a boy with a flowing blue cape, bright blue eyes that shone with the waves of the water.

"Prince Haruba of lightning, and Prince Boyle of the hottest licks of flames."

Three boys now, the second with bright blonde hair, the third with fiery orange.

"Then there was Princess Hope, born to the first light snowfall of winter, with Celeste in the last years of the Queen's life, made in the first days of a beautiful spring that brought new forests around the region. These children were more or less representatives of our gorgeous nature gifted to the region, and the King and Queen were more than proud of each one of them."

I saw two girls, locking hands, a sisterly connection a bit off from their brothers.

"Sadly, as it calls, Queen Hia died with Celeste, but life went on. The children grew big and strong, while the King grew older, and with that, the oldest son lusted for everything that had to do with ruling the land."

The image of a perfect prince twisted, eyes darkened, overall appearance horrible to take in.

"While the other boys knew Kestrel was to be king, they couldn't help but to be hungry for the throne as well. Even their guardian Pokemon fell into despair. Everything went gloomy. People began to fill out of the valley, spreading far and wide, panicked for new places and ways to live with their royal family falling apart. The Princesses were soon the King's last hope. They stayed calm, good above their brothers,"

"But not even they could interrupt Kestrel's new, deadly thoughts. Kyurem, a legendary and high Pokemon not even meant to be in this region appeared, Reshiram and Zekrom not too far behind."

Grandmother pointed behind her, to a painting I had failed to notice before. Kyurem, a hideous, beastly Pokemon flying through the sky, a black and white Pokemon in pursuit. I shivered, looking down at my feet.

"Princess Hope called upon these two underlings- ideal and truth to take down Kyurem, who sided purely with Kestrel, heart overcome with darkness and wanting."

"At the same time, snow began to freeze everything into place, trapping anyone from coming in or out. Kyurem and Kestrel was in control before the king could banish anyone. It soon became up to the hero. Up to the Hope of Almia to stop Kyurem, even as Haruba and Boyle were out of the picture, Froslass and Lucario watching them, keeping them back as the Castle Guardians."